FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

Tin Star Homes View next topic
View previous topic

Nuvo
Dud?

Tin Star Homes
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone have any information on Tin Star Homes? Now in Arlington, Tx.
Nelson
Dyn-o-mite!

Re: Tin Star Homes
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Catchy name.

They have bought lots in several Pulte neighborhoods at big discounts. I believe the first one was in Sherman and they are from that area.

Flash in the pan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

do they come with a tin roof lol
jwise
Dud?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tin Star homes, out of Sherman texas is a private builder. I talked with the salesperson at the arlington location. They did buy the remaining lots at the old Pulte homes location. I went through the old pulte home to find that Tin Star homes is pouring alot of upgrades into the old Pulte model homes. They have some nice floor plans and are a litte higher in price, but the upgrades are nice in the model homes. I was impressed, but would like to see Tin Star's own floor plan built. Cheldan and Trinity Custom Homes, which are private home builders, but have nice floor plans with some upgrade as standard. I would have to say I was impressed by Tin Star, Cheldan and Trinity Custom builders however I know nothing of their financial stability.
Trik444
Dud?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I live pretty close to their new community in Arlington and checked it out a few weeks back with the wife. I had visted the neighborhood when it was Pulte and was impressed with the changes Tin Star has made. It looks like they kept the same floorplans and it doesn't look like they changed the pricing, but Tin Star offers a lot more versus what I remember Pulte giving as standard features.
Nuvo
Dud?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone know their stability or how long they've been around?
Dud?

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nuvo wrote:
Anyone know their stability or how long they've been around?
They are owned by Joe Oblas former co owner of Ashcroft Homes in Colorado. Do a google search for "Joe Oblas" and look at articles on Denver Business Journal to give you idea of background.
Trik444
Dud?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wish I would have checked back in and seen 2010's post earlier. We decided to buy in La Frontera with Tin Star and have waited nearly 3 months for them to start construction on our house. They keep saying it is hard to get interim financing and that we need to be patient. Now I just found out both the on-site builder and sales counselor quit. The old sales counselors' hostess is now in charge of the office and she told me I have to call the VP of Construction in Sherman for details on whether or not they plan on building our home. I googled Joe Oblas' name and was appalled at the stuff I read about his dealings in Colorado...unbelievable. Is there any reason why we wouldn't be able to get our earnest money back if Tin Star decides not to build our home?
NewHomeDallas
Dyn-o-mite!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't listen to free advice. Spend a few dollars and consult a lawyer and do it quickly to be at the front of the line. I am not a lawyer.
DFWNuHomeSales
Dud?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They're selling their lots in La Frontera to another builder.

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic