FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

Discussion on Mercedes Homes View next topic
View previous topic

ExInsider2
Flash in the pan

Re: Discussion on Mercedes Homes
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Congrats Cali-Girl on the sale of your nightmare!! So... did you buy new or pre-existing or are ya'll taking it slow and renting for a bit?
I agree the divorce analogy was perfect!
msmith5307
Dud?

Re: Discussion on Mercedes Homes
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I own a Mercedes Home here iin Cape Coral, Fl and to be honest I'm not surprised that they went into Chapter 11. I love the layout of this house BUT if I knew then what I know now I would not have bought this house.
It was constructed with the cheapest materials available. I have lived here for almost 6 years now and have replaced tiles throughout the house on a monthly basis. The master bathroom tile has been completely replaced due to continous cracking tiles and I have had to repair the concrete due to cracks from one end to the other. The shower in the master bath shower was getting moldy around the bottom tiles so we pulled a few off and found that the backer board was soaked and rotting through. We are now in the process of replacing the shower floor tile and find out that Mercedes never installed a pan liner to prevent this exact thing from happening in violation of the Fl Building Code. So, if they got around that code.....what others have they been able to get around.

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic