FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

Discussion on Mercedes Homes View next topic
View previous topic

houston
Nitroglycerin

Re: Discussion on Mercedes Homes
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I suggest that you investigate the North Carolina Property Code and learn what constraints the law places on the contractors regarding time frames for placing a lien on your property. In Texas for example, they have 0-90 days from when the work was performed to file a legal (legitimate) lien. This means the foundation contractor or the lumber supplier cannot file a lien.... etc.

Also, in Texas we use Title Companies. In North Carolina you use a lawyer's office to record your deed. This is important because the laywer has to protect his license. You should chat with whom ever handled your settlement and discuss what should be done or what responsibility they might have - if you don't get the impression the lawyer is treating you fairly, tell him so and that you will register your complaint with the State Bar. I promise you, you will get his attention.

Dud?

MH Title
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

They failed to provide clear title with all the objections. Any chance of getting back deposit now that they are in BK?

Dud?

Frustrated in NC
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We have allready closed.

Dud?

Inverness Estates
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Can anyone tell me about this neighborhood? I live here now in a Mercedes home and noticed that they just built a new model and have two homes half finished. Look like the same deal I had when I built my house last summer. Start, stop, start, stop. Can someone tell me what the plans are for them here?
stillinit
Flash in the pan

Inverness
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You will probably just have to wait for the bankruptcy proceedings to play out before there is any substantial movement made in any of their subdivisions.

Last edited by stillinit on Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
tjasholdem
Flash in the pan

Inverness
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well it should be called InverMess Estates. Its sad to say this since I/E is truly a nice community! But they are bailing out of not only your community but all of Houston. They simply could not get there act together. I know that 2 of the homes recently went under contract at very low numbers - look out future appraisals? The best thing for you is for the developer Great American to find other builder's - hopefully someone that builds a nice home and not price point which would be my concern especially in the 50' lot section upfront. I noticed that the new model is being converted back to a home so this also suggest they are pulling out. Lots of luck to you Inverness is a great community. I hope you dont get all those liens like NC has
Xcellent
Dud?

Inverness
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Shocked I can tell you that a family purchased a home to be built in Inverness in January. they waited and waited to get the home started only to get into an argument with the sales guy there that they broke ground on the wrong lot Embarassed They finally couldnt take it any longer and didnt want to risk future value since they were building a large home. They cancelled and can't get their deposit back. They are given the same old excuse that the courts wont allow it???? I would be very careful and have a title search done. I can tell you it will hurt your credit and you may never know until it is too late. Another family was just simply told that Mercedes would'nt build their home in this same community they were not told why. Whats wierd is they still have a "model" coming soon banner up Question I guess soon is realtive.
Is there even a sales person on site any longer? Last fall there were 2 very nice people working as a team that I met while doing a competive shop for my company and a really sharp person working that rather challenging Park Lakes area. I lost track of them and their contact info bounces back same thing at Park Lakes and Spring Trails. I made another pass this spring and was too impressed with the new salesman
longdriver
Dud?

Inverness
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the response. So I have heard rumors that Village Builders is going to move back in. Any truth to that?
tjasholdem
Flash in the pan

Inverness
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

they didnt do very well the first time around. However, now that there in no competition and the developer is needing someone it makes sense. Also Village needs some positions in that area since Lakes of Avalon is done. I'm sure for the right lot price they would. I would after all it's a great community and the available lots in that sub market are shrinking. To me it should be an easy deal. Mercedes / Scott Silvas and Stuart Parker just could'nt manage to stick to a strategy then Florida became tired of no results and pulled the plug. Of course Dallas blames Sue Girard for flip flopping Shocked and Imperial just suffered from their banks failure. Good luck to you but at least Village would bring a better name brand vs. some of the real low enders.
Xcellent
Dud?

Inverness
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

an insider from the Aliana community told me that a past mercedes person was making a play for their lots to start up a new building company Question

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic