FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

Third Party Marketing View next topic
View previous topic

RichardCWilson
Dud?

Third Party Marketing
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This can be even more tough than determining whether a hedge fund is still in business but I might as well throw it out ...I would be interested in tracking the closure of any third party marketing firms operating within the hedge fund industry.

Does anyone know of a firm which has closed their doors in the last 2-3 years?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Richard C. Wilson
Hedge Fund Consultants Blog
http://richard-wilson.blogspot.com
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM Address
trimmer
Dud?

Third Party Marketers - are there any good ones out there?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe it's the nature of third party marketers but I have yet to find a good one. It makes me want to weep... I imagine you've got to have a certain amount of self confidence to pick up the phone and blind call someone. Equally, the name of TPMs is mud, so you've got to be thick skinned. However, I have resorted to stopping TPMs 20 seconds into their spech and shouting 'I'M NOT INTERESTED IN YOU, YOU ARROGANT SOB - JUST TELL ME ABOUT THE FUND!!!!' If you know any, please can you tell them that investors are only impressed by their knowledge of the product - not by their CV or their ego. Their time would be better spent understanding the funds they represent rather than jujjing their hair or messing about with golf. (why do all TPMs have presidential hair?). Hedge Funds should know that their funds are generally not being well represented.

Oh yeah.... Tennyson changed from a TPM to an administrator. Tony Stocks is a decent guy - so therefore not too good at TPM!

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic