FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

sotherby homes View next topic
View previous topic

Builder 101
Dud?

Sales
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree not many people can do it...It takes charisma, it takes a good person, and it takes talent. These are attributes that are hard to find. If they qualify then I can see the high salaries and percentages but I have seen too many that do not have these qualities yet they make huge percentages and fail to make the customers happy and take care of the customers. To take care of customers and their myriad of desires is a talent in itself but it takes selflessness, cheers.......
Builder 101
Dud?

TUrn DOwn
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One good thing about the correction is that the true stars will hang ...we will all get a chance to truly make our customers happy and build a quality home.....before it seems things went too fast and we passed up our opportunities to truly build a good home and make the customers happy.... thanks to the market in select locations ....AKA Dallas we can truly be real ...until maybe if it explodes again then the higher ups will be happy but will the customers?....that is the question....... Laughing
DFW_Builder
Dud?

Re: sotherby homes
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote]Interesting - so, what are your suggestions on training plans and proper sales management?[/quote]

I would start with actually getting up and greeting your guests. I shop builders in Dallas and you would not believe the number of times that I walk in a model and they do not even bother getting off their ass and saying "Hello". And before you ask, yes, I am dressed professionally, driving a late-model SUV and show interest in a home, but the lack of effort is appalling.

They need to actually take the time to find out what the prospect is looking for rather than trying to push the "special of the day" down their throat or try to sell that quick close spec. Find the right house for the prospect!

Actually having more knowledge than the prospect about your competitors - it makes them appear stupid (or at least un-educated) when I ask a simple question about their competition and they look at me with a blank stare.

Understand the building process and being able to answer questions about your features - if I ask what benefits "Energy Star" gives me, PLEASE give me a more than, "It saves you money."

Lastly, try asking for the sale. If you don't think prospects can be swayed by someone asking them to buy, you are fooling yourself.

What other ideas do YOU think will work?

[/quote]
STONE PRO
Dud?

Re: sotherby homes
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bling wrote:
Idiot? You might want to watch who you call an idiot,Chris. I hope for the sake of all of your employees that they don't go out of business. It would suck for you to have to swallow the news of telling all of your employees that you were the reason why after calling someone an idiot that you can't get another job in the industry because of your big ignorant mouth if it does happen. OUCH!!!!

Im sorry no one informed me you were the gate keeper of the industry.
im staying plenty busy with out them over the last 2 months even after calling you an idiot. On top of that i have had several of my other builders read everything ive wrote, and take admiration in the loyalty I have for my customers. Ignorance is speeking with out knowledge and so far everything i have said is the truth while you post 2nd and 3rd hand rumors.
Bling wrote:
I know for a fact that Sotherby is hurting. They pulled out of another community just last week. I heard they are in default and have been for some time with the developer. And the houses out there would have sold and could sell, if they would get a seasoned sales person out there. Shoot, they got rid of the Division Manager that couldn't run it, then ran off the salesperson that was out there and gave it to some "area manager" that had never sold for Sotherby and that was trained under the DM that was forced to resign...what a joke!

I know for a fact that all builders are hurting I never said they were not hurting they are a home buider not an oil company. Im not even gonna agnowledge them defaulting on developers because as started that sentence with(i heard) and by the way that area manager you speak of didnt go to sales but i guess you heard that too. and if they are going under why are they starting 2 subdivisions (castle hills and village of stone lakes) with over 200 houses between the both. Ive got 8 houses to start on next week houses that were just started just like i said they would when they moved alot of the specs. So say what you will I will take my chances on having a big mouth Laughing
Builder 101
Dud?

shiny
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Can we all sell? If we take care of our properties, take care of our customers, build a beautiful home......thanks to a good architect..and good management.our market will take care of itself here in Texas.....its complex yet wonderful.....homebuilding is wonderful..too many people make it cheap,,,,,and make homes out of thermoply.....cheap cardboard...yuck what happened to cdx,,,its all osb? shame on us.........oi vei
mortgagemaster
Dud?

Sotherby
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think we can all agree that Sotherby builds a very good product and more importantly, understands what their customers want. I am in the mortgage business and when I built my Sotherby 4 years ago was affiliated with one of their strongest competitors in our market (another privately held company based out of the Cincinnati area). Sotherby will make it and in fact outlive many of the out of state builders here. The Dallas market may not be what it was 2-3 years ago but it's CERTAINLY still one of the top 10 markets to be in if you are a homebuilder (who knows what customers want) or a mortgage lender (who is honest, intlligent and can stay the course).

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic