FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

sotherby homes View next topic
View previous topic

STONE PRO
Dud?

sotherby homes
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To clear the air on Sotherby on another topic some idiot that goes by bling, and one that goes by truthful says they know Sotherby, that Sotherby is not paying vendors, and pulling out of subdivision. Well where do I start these are the mindless mouse clicking forum jumpers that start rumors. For starters its Beth Shaddock not Elizebeth no one who (knows them ) calls her that Second I am one of there mid size (stone retaining walls ) vendors and they dont owe me a dime. There are some that have a little left when i talked some to them today they were making fun of these two faceless forum junkies. Things are 200% better than they were 3 weeks ago just like i said would happen. They are not pulling out of half there subdivisions they gave up on a few that just were not selling. This is a problem for all builders. If you are looking to buy a sotherby home rest assure that you will be building with a great company. And unlike bling and truthful i'll tell you who i am Chris Garek Stone Pro 8179947368... Just remember ignorance induced rumors make you look stupid. Say what you will I'm not gonna keep on going back and forth so let me get my I told you so in now!
tony tile
Dud?

Re: sotherby homes
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Chris, just wanted to add my two cent's, about Sotherby homes.we have been a vendor for sotherby homes,for over six years. our relationship with sotherby,played a major role in growing our business. in all the time we've been there we feel like a part of the team.the shaddock family are good people,and build a quality home. we look forward to another six years...tony mitchell..manager..joe mitchell tile inc.
BuilderGirl
Flash in the pan

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I heard that too, my girlfirend sells for them and she said they have paid up all the vendors that were behind and are in the process of removing liens from the homes which had them.

I have a Sotherby Homes and love it.
keithwendt8
Dud?

Public apology
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

To clear the air for myself, I would like to apologize for the outlash I had about 3 weeks ago. NO, I was not asked by anyone to do this, this is me, myself, and I making this comment.
I worked for Sotherby for 3-1/2 years and was always treated very fair and loved what I was doing for them. The housing market took a turn and all builders had to cut back, I have thoughts as anyone else does, however it was very immature for me to do what I did. It was out of anger and bad judgement, for what its worth I would like to apologize to Peter Jr myself, at least I am man enough to do so as it takes one to admit when wrong.
To any homeowners or future homeowners I will tell you that they build a VERY well built, quality luxury home. If I could afford one I would have one myself. Just understand that the market is down from where it used to be but it will pull back up, and the Shaddocks will always be around for good. I have 2 kids myself and kids for any family are a treasure, I know Peter has 3 and I wish him the best future for his family. Everything happens for a reason and my time at Sotherby was very educational as they allowed me a chance that I probably would not have had at another place.
Just give it a little time and it will all be back on its feet. I still have a lot of good friends that still work there and I sincerely hope that it all gets better for the market as a whole. ONCE AGAIN THIS IS A PUBLIC APOLOGY MADE ON MY OWN TO TAKE BACK MY ANGER I MIGHT HAVE EXPRESSED WITHOUT THINKING. Please accept, and I hope that this can kind of clear the air on a 1-time deal that wasn't handled in a mature professional manner and I have no ill feeling's towards Peter Jr or any of the Shaddocks as business decisions aren't always easy and I am sure everyone wishes things could have been different, but life goes on. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Keith Wendt
(214)876-6596 if you have any questions.
Bling
Dud?

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Idiot? You might want to watch who you call an idiot,Chris. I hope for the sake of all of your employees that they don't go out of business. It would suck for you to have to swallow the news of telling all of your employees that you were the reason why after calling someone an idiot that you can't get another job in the industry because of your big ignorant mouth if it does happen. OUCH!!!

I know for a fact that Sotherby is hurting. They pulled out of another community just last week. I heard they are in default and have been for some time with the developer. And the houses out there would have sold and could sell, if they would get a seasoned sales person out there. Shoot, they got rid of the Division Manager that couldn't run it, then ran off the salesperson that was out there and gave it to some "area manager" that had never sold for Sotherby and that was trained under the DM that was forced to resign...what a joke!
DFW_Builder
Dud?

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 1:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It is not just Sotherby that has salespeople that cannot sell - it is a number of builders in DFW that have sales staffs that are comprised of "veterans" that have [u]given away[/u] homes for so long that they have forgotten (if they ever really knew) how to SELL!

Little or no training, little or no true sales management and Realtors/buyers that in many cases know more than they do about the area, the community and/or the actual homes - it all adds up to low sales. Communities with good sales staffs are still selling - not as many as they used to, but they still get sales on a consistent basis.

When will homebuilders learn??? You have to INVEST in your sales staff to be successful - they need training & management to be successful in this market.
GC
Dud?

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DFW_Builder wrote:
s a number of builders in DFW that have sales staffs that are comprised of "veterans" that have given away homes for so long that they have forgotten (if they ever really knew) how to SELL!

Little or no training, little or no true sales management and Realtors/buyers that in many cases know more than they do about the area, the community and/or the actual homes - it all adds up to low sales. Communities with good sales staffs are still selling - not as many as they used to, but they still get sales on a consistent basis.

Interesting - so, what are your suggestions on training plans and proper sales management?
Builder 101
Dud?

Sales
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Umm I think it is old fashioned sales techniques.......It is all up to the ...finding a connection with the prospect and ...connect have a product that is desirable to the prospect and to be smart. Connect and connect ,,,,not many people surprisingly, can do this.....its not that hard but we all try to make hard and we overpay the sales person.....awful
sellzman
Dud?

My thoughts
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Umm I think it is old fashioned sales techniques.......It is all up to the ...finding a connection with the prospect and ...connect have a product that is desirable to the prospect and to be smart. Connect and connect ,,,,not many people surprisingly, can do this.....its not that hard but we all try to make hard and we overpay the sales person.....awful

...Not completely wrong(I agree with the personality/connection selling)that is all that salespeople are ever taught. That is all that 95% of "sales managers" have heard at the sales meetings/seminars that they may have attended. Its funny how most of those managers aren't interested in spending a weekend in your model to understand the true challenges. I feel like I am qualified to respond. I have sold new construction in DFW f/20 years. What I would like to share is that the challenge as I see it is: 1.)The number of prospects that are coming through the door is drastically reduced. 2.)The quality of the prospect has been diluted, regarding the prospects ability to buy due to current living situation-maybe they already own/ credit issues/ their desire to buy.
There are not as many qualified buyers walking in the door plain and simple. Its possible to make a connection with the prospects coming in the door, but the way I see it, I already have enough friends???
GC
Dud?

Re: Sales
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Builder 101 wrote:
not many people surprisingly, can do this.....we overpay the sales person.....awful

If not many people can do it, then doesn't it make sense to highly compensate those who do as they move the product that keeps the builder(s) in business?

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic