FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

The last hour stock market game. View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
dreamer
Demolition Man

Re: The last hour stock market game.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This week the DOW went below the Jan 2000 bull market high of 11,732.. Wow! A 0% gain in 8-years. The PTB will fight tooth and nail and print $ by the trillions to keep the DOW above 12,000. It is a sleight of hand to keep everyone in. In terms of gold the DOW is down 69%. Who cares about stupid stocks? The real bull is in precious metals. Wait until the stock PE is about 7 in 2016 and then buy stocks.

The 4-functions of government today are the same as a criminal enterprise: Lie, Cheat, Steal, and Kill...
Strouper2
Schumpeter Reincarnate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well you kicked my ass on that Friday # bdc and a very good call only off by 11 points. Well we were up most of the day today but now it's starting to head south off it's highs and we're only up 60, so is this going to be another end of the day slam? Only 40 mins left and we'll find out. I'm guessing that we hold positive but much lower somewhere in the upper 20's lower 30's.

Dreamer I didn't remember that the DOW was that high in 2000 that amazing. It's even more amazing when you put it out there like that because if I was asked what the market had done over the past 7 years I would of said fairly well. Before the Enron days I was a real nut when it came to stocks and I watched everything ensecivly but then I like so many others got burned, not by Enron but by MCI and another small cap stock, and that's when I gave up on the entire thing. Occasionally I'll see something that I just have to gamble on, like Providian a few years back and Value City when they both hit $2.50 a share, but for the most part I only watch the market to see how it's affecting rates.

Strouper
Strouper2
Schumpeter Reincarnate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow ended up 177 points & this is why I no longer invest in the stock market especially short term. LOL

Strouper
bdc63
Schumpeter Reincarnate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, this is going to prove to be an interesting close. The market gets its 50bp rate cut and the DOW screams up to 175 at 2:15pm.

3 minutes 'til close and its down 64 on the monoline insurer downgrade rumors.

I hope the FED has a few more tricks up its sleeve, cause this one didn't last very long.
buyerbeware
Schumpeter Reincarnate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bdc63 wrote:
Wow, this is going to prove to be an interesting close. The market gets its 50bp rate cut and the DOW screams up to 175 at 2:15pm.

I hope the FED has a few more tricks up its sleeve, cause this one didn't last very long.

what the h**l happened?

Voltaire
bdc63
Schumpeter Reincarnate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

buyerbeware wrote:
bdc63 wrote:

what the h**l happened?

Fitch downgraded a monoline insurer, and rumor has it that MBIA and Ambac are next.
buyerbeware
Schumpeter Reincarnate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

rumor is that MBIA and AMBAC understated their losses. The claim was that losses would be 1.5b mark-to-market loss but actual number is more like 11.5b

probably a typo, huh

link: http://www.cnbc.com/id/22916460

Voltaire
bdc63
Schumpeter Reincarnate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

buyerbeware wrote:
rumor is that MBIA and AMBAC understated their losses. The claim was that losses would be 1.5b mark-to-market loss but actual number is more like 11.5b

probably a typo, huh

link: http://www.cnbc.com/id/22916460

Shocked What's an order of magnitude between friends ....
Strouper2
Schumpeter Reincarnate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well we got to see another major move in the last hour of trade today and this time we lost 240 points in less than an hour and somehow these "experts" seem to think that everything is A OK. I'm sorry but something seems too strange to me when we keep seeing these types of moves in the last 30 to 60 mins. of trading. What if anything does everyone else make of these major moves during the last hour of trading?

Strouper
dreamer
Demolition Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The DOW is up 185. So what? It will stay up or the US is toast.

If the DOW goes below 12, 000 and stays there then the PTB have lost control. I do not expect that to happen. Trillions will be created to fight the bear and at least keep nominal prices up.

In terms of silver the DOW is down over 75% from the 2000 high of 11,732. I can show you silver shares that have gone from $2 to $40. Heck silver has gone from $4 to $17 in that period.

Screw stocks unless they are gold and silver shares. I will not buy a common stock such as those on the DOW until the DOW PE is around 7 and the yield is about 6%. I'll wait. Probably 8 years away.

The 4-functions of government today are the same as a criminal enterprise: Lie, Cheat, Steal, and Kill...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic