FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

Send a Card to the TROOPS for FREE! View next topic
View previous topic

1 More Thing
Wrecking crew

Send a Card to the TROOPS for FREE!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Let's not forget the people that really need our support - let's not forget the folks in IRAQ. No matter how our industry is doing at least we aren't in harms way. Here is a really cool website someone forwarded to me -- I thought it would be nice to send someone else a nice note -----

XEROX Corporation developed a website to send cards to the Troops -- it's free and it only takes a second.

Quote:
If you go to the web site www.letssaythanks.com you can pick out a Thank You card and Xerox will print it and send it to a soldier that is currently serving in Iraq.

You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to some member of the armed services. It is FREE and it only takes a second.

Don't forget Active Duty Servicemen and Women - interest rates on mortgages, and consumer loans, and credit cards go to 6% while they are on active duty!
angryvoodoo
Demolition Man

Re: Send a Card to the TROOPS for FREE!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

sent 1

thx for conscientious endeavor

1 More Thing
Wrecking crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Those are ther coolest cards those kids drew....

Kinda warms your heart Very Happy

Merry Christmas - EVERYBODY ---

Don't forget to send a card! It's FREE
buyerbeware
Schumpeter Reincarnate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice idea, 1 More Thing

Thanks

Voltaire
howardbeale
Dud?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I DO NOT SUPPORT THE TROOPS. THESE SERVICEMEN AND WOMEN AGREED TO GO TO IRAQ TO KILL PEOPLE VOLUNTARILY. THERE IS NO DRAFT, SO IF YOU ARE IN IRAQ, IT IS BY CHOICE, AND YOU ARE EITHER STUPID OR LIKE TO KILL. I DON'T SUPPORT THE WAR, AND I DON'T SUPPORT THE TROOPS OVER THERE THAT ARE WILLINGLY AND ILLEGALLY KILLING IRAQIS. I SUPPORT THE MILLITARY FOLKS THAT REFUSE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS FRAUD PERPETRATED AGAINST AMERICA. I AM SORRY IF YOU HAVE FAMILY OR FRIENDS THAT ARE CURRENTLY IN IRAQ OR HAVE BEEN KILLED THERE. BUT BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF, IF YOU DO NOT SUPPORT THIS WAR THAT AMERICANS WERE "TRICKED" INTO SUPPORTING, WHY WOULD YOU SUPPORT THE PEOPLE THAT ARE CARRYING IT OUT? STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES.
1 More Thing
Wrecking crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

howardbeale (Scrooge):

And you would suggest that they do what?
Over throw the government?
Say...I'm not doing it,
Get on the next plane leaving Bagdahd
Turn in their uniforms...... that's silly and I won't argue the point.

We have people that like violence - that aren't in the military, PICK UP THE NEWSPAPER. Some College campus's are dangerous, and as we are finding out...even going to the mall can by dicey. I think there are people amongst us here in the states...that are stone cold killers... The proud men and women overseas, "killers". I don't agree with you.

Everyone in the military did volunteer and everyone is not in combat. So there are people that you can support, who aren't on the front lines - they play a major role in helping to keep us safe. They just do it from behind the scenes. Here is a list of people you can support:

Can you support the men and women that are care givers for the Veterans, or the Doctors and the Nurses? How about the Candy Strippers?

How about the people who give the pay checks out or the mail?
How about the guy or girl who does the laundry?

Can you support the person that cooks the meals?

How about the person that drives the water tanks back and forth between the various bases?

How about the people that do the travel arrangements to fly people home?

How about the little old lady that works in the mail room?

or the chaplan that prays for everyone and visits the military bases?

There are a variety of people that can be supported. Not everyone is in combat. But they are all in harms way.

I never said support the war--- I said send a card to the troops...
what their assignment is, I don't know. But I am grateful, that there are some volunteers that did put their lives on the line. Those are some very brave people...even down to the little old lady that sorts the mail or does the laundry.

You have a right to voice your opinion - but when something happens and it's to you or your family - don't forget, these "killers" are the same people that are in the Reserves. Many of them are the first ones called for disaster relief. So when a natural disaster hits - your town. These are the SAME PEOPLE that we call on to help pull twisted metal off our homes or cars. or they Pull you out of the rubble after a tornado hits your house.
even rescue you off the roof when a hurricane hits your community the the water is up to the roofline.

Often these are the same National Guard or Army Reservist that help to save your life or your families life.
iluvmtgs
Dud?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

howardbeale wrote:
I DO NOT SUPPORT THE TROOPS. THESE SERVICEMEN AND WOMEN AGREED TO GO TO IRAQ TO KILL PEOPLE VOLUNTARILY. THERE IS NO DRAFT, SO IF YOU ARE IN IRAQ, IT IS BY CHOICE, AND YOU ARE EITHER STUPID OR LIKE TO KILL. I DON'T SUPPORT THE WAR, AND I DON'T SUPPORT THE TROOPS OVER THERE THAT ARE WILLINGLY AND ILLEGALLY KILLING IRAQIS. I SUPPORT THE MILLITARY FOLKS THAT REFUSE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS FRAUD PERPETRATED AGAINST AMERICA. I AM SORRY IF YOU HAVE FAMILY OR FRIENDS THAT ARE CURRENTLY IN IRAQ OR HAVE BEEN KILLED THERE. BUT BE HONEST WITH YOURSELF, IF YOU DO NOT SUPPORT THIS WAR THAT AMERICANS WERE "TRICKED" INTO SUPPORTING, WHY WOULD YOU SUPPORT THE PEOPLE THAT ARE CARRYING IT OUT? STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES.

Whether or not you support this war, makes no difference to me, but for your attitude that the men and women of America just signed up to go over to Iraq to "illegally" kill Iraqis is STUPID! Most of the men and women who are serving in our military were signed up long before this war started.

What about the Iraqis who came over here and slammed into the twin towers and the Pentagon or even the plane load of people who died to stop them from killing more people, are you "okay" with this and support what the Iraqis are doing?

If you don't like it here, why the h**l don't you leave and go to Iraq, I'm sure we can find a serviceman or woman who would like to see you over there.
angryvoodoo
Demolition Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

howardbeale wrote:

I wage war against Howard Beale. Just because something is not at 'face value' does not negate the face value. You should either:

A) shut up and leave the country.
or
B) leave the country and shut up.

I am sure you will like Nigeria a lot more. Please move there.

thanks!

buyerbeware
Schumpeter Reincarnate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

this thread has been interupted by the following message:

Please take 26 seconds to send a card to a fellow human being who is serving in a foreign country and can't be here for the holidays with their loved ones or their families Wink

You need not support the war or the troops and sending an e-card will not compromise your integrity; no one has to know, your secret is safe with us.

Here is the link again before this gets too far off topic:

http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html

thanks again to 1 More Thing for thinking of someone other than him/herself...........

Voltaire
Dollar_guy
Papermint Schnapps

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

buyerbeware wrote:
this thread has been interupted by the following message:

Please take 26 seconds to send a card to a fellow human being who is serving in a foreign country and can't be here for the holidays with their loved ones or their families Wink

You need not support the war or the troops and sending an e-card will not compromise your integrity; no one has to know, your secret is safe with us.

Here is the link again before this gets too far off topic:

http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html

thanks again to 1 More Thing for thinking of someone other than him/herself...........

I sent a card... no need for secrets with me.... Thanks for bringing this topic!!!

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic