FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

Mercedes Homes Florida/Texas View next topic
View previous topic

TX Homebuilder
Dyn-o-mite!

Mercedes Homes Florida/Texas
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Most of us know the only true rumors are rumors we hear from the trades and vendors.

I heard one about Mercedes Homes (Florida/Texas) yesterday from a credible source but don't want to pass anything on that isn't ...anyone else hear anything?
sgarnerfoster
Dud?

Mercedes Homes
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I heard (through reliable sources) that Mercedes is closing their doors. Banks recalled a bunch of loans and they can't pay them since their FL offices are tanking. I was building a house through them and I heard from a company that associates with them, NOT Mercedes. Beware, this is stuff you read about when people lose lots of $$ and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. We are trying to get about $16K back in related building costs. I was surprised to see that there is jack poo poo on the internet about this. Good luck.
Houston Builder
Dyn-o-mite!

Re: Mercedes Homes Florida/Texas
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very sad - hat's off to Mercedes for making it this long. Tough to compete with foreclosures and publics that are willing to lose billions.
ExMerEmployee
Dud?

Re: Mercedes Homes
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes its true. The banks stepped in mid December and took control of the company.

The Buescher family has opened up a new company Mercedes Premier Homes, LLC. They filed for this license on December 7, 2011 (www.sunbiz.org).

Say what you will about it being a sad situation. It is sad for the homeowners and employees. But as far as the family goes, they raped and pilaged the company after they took it over from it's founder, Howard Buescher. I doubt that the new company will be any better off than the original.

Buyer beware for anyone buying homes from this family or working for them.
dbeatson
Dud?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If they abandoned all their current projects and just continue doing business under a different name than they should all be put in jail for fraud.....

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/30254812/detail.html

This company didn't pay the bills because the family took all the money out of the business to line their own pockets at everyone else's expense.

Karma will catch up to them, hopefully sooner rather than later.
Houston Builder
Dyn-o-mite!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

dbeatson wrote:
If they abandoned all their current projects and just continue doing business under a different name than they should all be put in jail for fraud.....

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/30254812/detail.html

This company didn't pay the bills because the family took all the money out of the business to line their own pockets at everyone else's expense.

Karma will catch up to them, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Mercedes = toast

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic