FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

Christmas past... View next topic
View previous topic

blwilson11
Dud?

Christmas past...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Am I alone when I say how much I miss the old Christmas parties??? Such lavish parties with open bars, amazing food, and all expenses paid. This year.....NADA!! Heck, I won't be receiving or giving! I remember $100 gift cards from appraisers and title companies, huge gift baskets would fill the break room! The good ol' days!
miweiser
Wrecking crew

Re: Christmas past...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not alone - First American used to have the best ones!!

Robin
Sentinel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tell ya what I'll miss...

Company Xmas parties where we bring friends, the kids, and the grandkids, and an office of 50 becomes a party of 175 - and we all know one another's names.

New Year's without the party crowd. Now-a-days we just go to bed after the news.

Dyn-o-mite!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I remember the X-mas parties at Old Republic. They were so big & lavish that the company reserved a block of rooms for the employees. Quite ...had a blast. I'm hearing from friends in escrow that they not only won't be having any parties but the bonuses have dried up to.

Flash in the pan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Crying or Very sad No you're not alone... funny I log in and see this post today. Just last night we were visiting with a friend and talking about how different this year is from the last several. Our friend is a general contractor and he's feeling the pinch as well...

Wrecking crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Back in the 80's & 90's the banks I worked for (not the mega-banks of today) threw extremely lavish and luxurious parties at Christmas. One bank in particular stands out in my memories. Always held on Saturday evenings, Black Tie, free Valet Parking, extraordinary food, open fully stocked bar - and not the cheap stuff either (Dom Perignon Champagne flowed freely) -, live entertainment, all employees & their spouses attended - even the Board of Directors. This was in Austin, TX, and this party was the talk of the town every year and we always looked forward to it. Even though the party was held in the bank lobby, this was not your ordinary bank lobby - very beautiful, ornate (Ming vases, if that gives you an idea of how lavish the lobby was), grand staircase, and the lobby was exquisitely decorated every year.

But, over the years the Christmas Party (for the working grunts) turned into a gathering on, say, a Tuesday from 5-7, food brought in from Sam's, cash bar (cheap vodka and bourbon, beer, cheap wine), no spouses. At the BofA op's center I worked at they eventually did away with a Christmas Party - oops, I mean Holiday Celebration (musn't be politically incorrect) altogether.

But I do look back fondly of the parties of yesteryear. Good times...
NoMoreJob
Flash in the pan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Those were the days my friend! - so many gifts from title companies, PMI companies & boxes of chocolats that took you into summer - parties that went on & on - gift certificates & turkeys & hams - when a thank you was so genuine! Great memories - we sure have seen more changes than most industries! Happy New Year everyone! Cheers to all of us who rode the roller coaster!
blwilson11
Dud?

this year
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This year we can't even do a potluck because we don't have a enough people! Try doing a potluck with 4. We decided to scratch that idea and will probably just go to lunch one day. So different from other years. I hate to admit it but I didn't even put up a Christmas tree at home. Crying or Very sad Seemed like so much hassle and expense we didn't need.
inf9antz
Dud?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BAH HUMBUG!!!! Sad news i heard from the grapevine....

Santa's triple wami pakistani triple lundy Negative Am/cross collaterization/Reverse Mtg loan on the Castle and toy factory is now being called due by the bank... yes virginia there is a santa clause he lives in the park in a refrigerator box across from Macy's.....

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic