FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

 Italian 10 year bond View next topic
View previous topic



Post new topicReply to topic
Author Message
bdc63
Schumpeter Reincarnate


Joined: 16 Feb 2007
Posts: 4392
Location: Maryland

Re: Italian 10 year bond
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Today is 'sh*t hits the fan day.'

_________________
"Socialism only works in two places: Heaven where they don't need it and h*ll where they already have it." -- Ronald Reagan
"Everybody, sooner or later, sits down to a banquet of consequences." -- Robert Louis Stevenson
“Gold is money. Everything else is credit.” -J.P. Morgan, testifying to Congress in 1912
View user's profileSend private message
mahalo guy
Demolition Man


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 2082
Location: Honolulu

Re: Italian 10 year bond
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Get the printing press warmed up!!!

If Europe printed its way out of this whole
mess, the Euro would still be worth more
than a buck.
View user's profileSend private message
mahalo guy
Demolition Man


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 2082
Location: Honolulu

Re: Italian 10 year bond
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Every day is sh!t hit the fan day!

It's all up to Germany. Print or get out.
View user's profileSend private message
achtung
Nitroglycerin


Joined: 03 Jun 2010
Posts: 716
Location: Germany

Re: Italian 10 year bond
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Why print when

the US will do it for you

The Euro zone knows if they do enough to trigger the Fed's panic button, the Fed will act accordingly and print baby, print.

Pretty soon we will be able to go to Kinko's to get our fiat fix.

The IMF is uber funded by US interests, that is the only thing Europe knows right now. Europe can put together its trillion dollar fund, but if no-one buys the bonds, then it is not going to work.

Maybe JPM can tie some failed mortgage bonds to the total (to attract some junk interest)

_________________
“Debt and deficits are not inventions of ideology. They are facts of arithmetic.”

– Paul Martin
View user's profileSend private message
maudejo
Schumpeter Reincarnate


Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Posts: 4790

Re: Italian 10 year bond
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Need to grab my tweezers and bong.

_________________
"For every thousand hacking at the leaves of evil , there is one striking at the root" - Henry David Thoreau

In the end, though, I believe that the freedom/liberty people and message and the natural physics of the events at work, will assist the centralized power structures of the last two centuries to crumble to ash under their own despotic mass.
JW
View user's profileSend private message
achtung
Nitroglycerin


Joined: 03 Jun 2010
Posts: 716
Location: Germany

Re: Italian 10 year bond
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

what are the tweezers for?

_________________
“Debt and deficits are not inventions of ideology. They are facts of arithmetic.”

– Paul Martin
View user's profileSend private message
mahalo guy
Demolition Man


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 2082
Location: Honolulu

Re: Italian 10 year bond
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

achtung wrote:
Why print when

the US will do it for you

The Euro zone knows if they do enough to trigger the Fed's panic button, the Fed will act accordingly and print baby, print.

Pretty soon we will be able to go to Kinko's to get our fiat fix.

The IMF is uber funded by US interests, that is the only thing Europe knows right now. Europe can put together its trillion dollar fund, but if no-one buys the bonds, then it is not going to work.

Maybe JPM can tie some failed mortgage bonds to the total (to attract some junk interest)


Do you honestly think the Fed will bail out Europe?
View user's profileSend private message
achtung
Nitroglycerin


Joined: 03 Jun 2010
Posts: 716
Location: Germany

Re: Italian 10 year bond
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

mahalo guy wrote:
achtung wrote:
Why print when

the US will do it for you

The Euro zone knows if they do enough to trigger the Fed's panic button, the Fed will act accordingly and print baby, print.

Pretty soon we will be able to go to Kinko's to get our fiat fix.

The IMF is uber funded by US interests, that is the only thing Europe knows right now. Europe can put together its trillion dollar fund, but if no-one buys the bonds, then it is not going to work.

Maybe JPM can tie some failed mortgage bonds to the total (to attract some junk interest)


Do you honestly think the Fed will bail out Europe?


No hesitation in my response.

Yes

Number one reason ... We can't grow without them.
Our GDP will take a 6/10th hit if they go into a recession And a larger hit if they go into a depression .... or worse .... Split up.



Our cross sales and debt guarantees are already over there, and all the banks here will take HUGE losses. We will go into a double dip recession if Europe goes down. Our banks are not being as thorough in calculating their risk(s) to Europe sovereign debt. If the Euro blows up, the credit default swaps will be useless.

_________________
“Debt and deficits are not inventions of ideology. They are facts of arithmetic.”

– Paul Martin
View user's profileSend private message
maudejo
Schumpeter Reincarnate


Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Posts: 4790

Re: Italian 10 year bond
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

achtung wrote:
what are the tweezers for?


Plucking my chin whiskers while contemplating and absorbing this terror flick.

_________________
"For every thousand hacking at the leaves of evil , there is one striking at the root" - Henry David Thoreau

In the end, though, I believe that the freedom/liberty people and message and the natural physics of the events at work, will assist the centralized power structures of the last two centuries to crumble to ash under their own despotic mass.
JW
View user's profileSend private message
achtung
Nitroglycerin


Joined: 03 Jun 2010
Posts: 716
Location: Germany

Re: Italian 10 year bond
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

maudejo wrote:
achtung wrote:
what are the tweezers for?


Plucking my chin whiskers while contemplating and absorbing this terror flick.


Completely forgot about the chin whiskers. beats chewing the nail nubs, while watching this hoorrrooor flick

_________________
“Debt and deficits are not inventions of ideology. They are facts of arithmetic.”

– Paul Martin
View user's profileSend private message
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic


 Jump to:   


Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB 2.0.22-2 (Debian) © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group :: FI Theme :: All times are GMT