FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

Megatel Homes View next topic
View previous topic

Triedntrue
Flash in the pan

Megatel Homes
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What's the story?
Big Tex 76
Dud?

Re: Megatel Homes
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have thought about approaching them for work. Do they pay their bills on time?
Floorpop
Dud?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Word on the street is that the owner moved to DFW from CA because he has a relationship with a local developer who is selling Megatel the majority of their home sites. A high feature level is included standard and the sales team escalates all negotiations to the Owner for a face to face meeting with interested prospects...
NewHomeDallas
Dyn-o-mite!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would think they have a tough road ahead. DFW is a difficult market and we are still down 70% from our peak.

I would would also think that the president isn't as good as his sales people in negotiating and should have better things to do. If he doesn't trust his sales people, a disease held by all too many home building managers and owners, he should be in another business. I find it is a result of an inferiority complex. And, as I count, they have 17 locations in the DFW area. What happens if every sales person has a hot lead? Do they have to wait for the president, or can they close the deal?

By the way; with the interesting name of Floorpop; does that mean that 75% of your deals bust out?
Floorpop
Dud?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I couldn't have said it better myself.

In regards to the name, it was the first thing that came to mind. Call it cute or egotistical...but you can't deny that a floor pop can be a great thing! I've never had a cancellation rate anywhere close to that high and I'm hoping my sales presentation has something to do with that. Cheers!

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic