FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

Top 100 - Horton #1, KB & Habt for Humanity tied at 6th. View next topic
View previous topic

Houston Builder
Dyn-o-mite!

Top 100 - Horton #1, KB & Habt for Humanity tied at 6th.
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

this is ...shows what a disaster the pulte bailout of Centx was and that KB is nothing more than a non profit builder of small shacks..like Habitat for Humanity

http://www.builderonline.com/b.....r-100.aspx

Can you imagine Kyle Davison's reaction to this - he and Jeff Mezger told the world that their Martha Stewart line would be "their I phone" LMAO, LMAO, ROFLMAO, LMAO, LMAO....
salesisking
Dud?

Enough Horton propaganda and KB bashing
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To Houston Builder:

Who cares who it No. 1 in the Builder 100? NVR continues to prove that you don't have to be No. 1 to be the most successful. It is meaningless. A superior business model is the reason their mkt cap is so high.

Interesting that your friends are still at KB but so unhappy. You could say that about most every public builder. People work there because the smaller ones don't have the money to build specs and hire people anymore.

Please stop the KB bashing. We know how you feel about them. It is really old and when you are constantly touting what a great company Horton is it pretty much destroys what little credibility you may have had. You say you don't work there but it really is hard to believe.

Just my opinion.
Houston Builder
Dyn-o-mite!

Re: Enough Horton propaganda and KB bashing
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

salesisking wrote:
To Houston Builder:

Who cares who it No. 1 in the Builder 100? NVR continues to prove that you don't have to be No. 1 to be the most successful. It is meaningless. A superior business model is the reason their mkt cap is so high.

Interesting that your friends are still at KB but so unhappy. You could say that about most every public builder. People work there because the smaller ones don't have the money to build specs and hire people anymore.

Please stop the KB bashing. We know how you feel about them. It is really old and when you are constantly touting what a great company Horton is it pretty much destroys what little credibility you may have had. You say you don't work there but it really is hard to believe.

Just my opinion.

Salesking - your comments are spot on - I bash KB, Pulte, Centex and others b/c they have no strategy and they present contrarian opportunities.

Horton builds c**p houses, but they can move quickly to take advantage of their competition which is mostly comprised of fat slobs - it looks like Habitat is as strong as their public competitors!!

Kudos to NVR - fantastic strategy - no quibbles there -

Last edited by Houston Builder on Fri May 13, 2011 3:40 am; edited 1 time in total
catch22
Flash in the pan

Re: Top 100 - Horton #1, KB & Habt for Humanity tied at 6th.
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You must have been a nerd in high school and Kyle gave you swirlies or something. Maybe its much deeper than that? Whatever it is, to blast the number 6 builder in the U.S. ? What about number 100, or 72? You really need to look in the mirror because you are a very unhappy man to hide behind a keyboard . If your so big and bad what number was your company on the list hotshot? Yeah I know the iphone and Martha Stewart. What about you ? What have you ever tried daring in your life? Sadly we all know the answer before you say it, Nothing. You are a pathetic person.
Houston Builder
Dyn-o-mite!

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

catch22 wrote:
Yeah I know the iphone and Martha Stewart. What about you ? What have you ever tried daring in your life? Sadly we all know the answer before you say it, Nothing. You are a pathetic person.

Hey Catch - you can make all the personal attacks you want - I prefer to focus on local builders and their strategies - and its worked very well for me.

You can bet on a company that only buys lots in A locations, or a company that compares their c**p houses to I phones - which management team do you think will excel over time?

Its obvious since NVR and Horton have risen to the top - KB and Centex are mired in the muck fighting it out with Habitat for Humanity.

Kyle Davidson was the mastermind of bringing KB's martha stewart line to Katy and it failed miserably - it remains the laughing stock of Houston's market.
INSIDEMAN
Flash in the pan

Top 100
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

At the end of the day, I don't really care which builder is number 1. All that matters to me is which community I am in and does that community sell. You can be with the number 1 builder. But if you are stuck at a Aliana type community, good luck. I'll take a low ranking builder and a Cinco Ranch. Last I checked, my bank account only had my name on it.
GradyW
Dud?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Unless I'm an investor, I don't really care which builder is number one either. A home buyer should be concerned with how long a company has been in business, the quality of the homes the builder builds and in the end whether they like their style. Many of these builders in the top of the list create cookie-cutter homes in cookie-cutter neighborhoods and while some people like that, I prefer to have a home that doesn't look like all my neighbors.

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic