FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

Quest Legal Clinic View next topic
View previous topic

mr_e_man
Dud?

Quest Legal Clinic
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Recently I had a great experience on this website so I am going to attempt to get advice again by someone who can help.
A few months back a friend of mine was contacted via mail solicitation offering bankruptcy and loan modification services by a company that calls themselves Quest Legal Clinic , Quest LC, http://www.questlc.com out of Newport Beach.
She has paid $2500.00 for a BK and Document Preparation for a loan mod.
Now, it is my understanding that in order to offer these services you must be a lawyer and even lawyers cannot charge upfront for a loan modification. She was informed that they have onsite attorneys and that she would get a phone call. Well, no call ever happened. She is now is a battle with this company because all they did was supply her with a packet of worthless paperwork that resulted in the immediate denial of a loan modification. (Maybe I should have her join the litigation suit, J/K). Her bankruptcy has not been filed and the question is if these are not attorneys how are they going to file it?
She has asked for her money back and continues to get the run around. I have helped her try and file a complaint but they are not listed with the state bar or department of real estate. Both agencies informed us that they cannot do modification or document preparation for modification and collect a fee? Is this a loop hole? Are they just hiding themselves well? How can they be in business and operate in this fashion?
Why does no one care? Please help

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic