FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

Land strategy - great summation by Horton... View next topic
View previous topic

FortWorthBuilder
Dud?

Re: Land strategy - great summation by Horton...
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You guys amaze me. You jump to critcize D. R. Horton and bad mouth their homes yet you can't tell me any builder in the entry level price range that you would put your blessings upon.

I have been in the DFW market for 21 years, every company is using the same trade base, the same suppliers and building to the same city requirements. Each company is only as good as the superintendent in the community. As with every builder in town, including the mid-range semi-custom companies, your home will meet the standards of the guy doing the managing of the community. Fortunately, I have worked with mostly great guys that really do care about the product they deliver and my customers have been very happy over the years.

I can promise you, if someon is unhappy working for D. R. Horton they should go work for Meritage where they will be lucky to close 300 homes this year, or First Texas, or Grand where you can work for management that does not care about their people, their customers or their trades.

I work for D. R. Horton and have worked for Meritage and Highland Homes over the years. I have made just as much money selling here as I did with either of those companies with adjustments for the state of the economy and the slowing down of the market. I can tell you this, selling a Million a month is still selling a Million a month and if you can close $12-15 Million a year this is still the best paying job there is considering the liability and cost you incur as an employee, which by the way is nothing!

I will take my chances with Mr. Horton and his philosphy. As far as I can tell our company seems to be doing just fine.
Houston Builder
Dyn-o-mite!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I applaud Horton - its obvious who has come out of the downturn with the winning strategy

Horton is bigger than Pultex even after the merger
They are double Lennar's size and will soon be 10x larger than KB and all the other irrelevant dwarfs

I like comparing strategies and Horton's stands out

Pulte and Centex were 2 drunks holding each other up

at KB, Kyle Davison brought Martha Stewart to Katy and claimed "this is our version of the I phone" - still laughing about that one
mikestrong
Cherry Bomb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

FortWorthBuilder wrote:
You guys amaze me. You jump to critcize D. R. Horton and bad mouth their homes yet you can't tell me any builder in the entry level price range that you would put your blessings upon.

I have been in the DFW market for 21 years, every company is using the same trade base, the same suppliers and building to the same city requirements. Each company is only as good as the superintendent in the community. As with every builder in town, including the mid-range semi-custom companies, your home will meet the standards of the guy doing the managing of the community. Fortunately, I have worked with mostly great guys that really do care about the product they deliver and my customers have been very happy over the years.

I can promise you, if someon is unhappy working for D. R. Horton they should go work for Meritage where they will be lucky to close 300 homes this year, or First Texas, or Grand where you can work for management that does not care about their people, their customers or their trades.

I work for D. R. Horton and have worked for Meritage and Highland Homes over the years. I have made just as much money selling here as I did with either of those companies with adjustments for the state of the economy and the slowing down of the market. I can tell you this, selling a Million a month is still selling a Million a month and if you can close $12-15 Million a year this is still the best paying job there is considering the liability and cost you incur as an employee, which by the way is nothing!

I will take my chances with Mr. Horton and his philosphy. As far as I can tell our company seems to be doing just fine.

I have respect for them. I might even be moving to another part of the country and work for them, BUT I have friends that work for them that dont like working there at all and have been there 5 puls years.
In this market its about making a living not anything else and you can do that at horton.
Houston Builder
Dyn-o-mite!

Horton 3 x bigger than Pulte in DFW, KB not among 25
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

D.R. Horton tops homebuilders
Dallas Business Journal - by Jerry Gunter, Research Director
Date: Friday, March 4, 2011, 9:40am CST

For the third year in a row, the Fort Worth-based company sits at the top of the rankings with 2,225 local starts for year ending 2010. Last year it ranked first with 2,289 and was the leader the previous year with 1,892.

While it does have a strong presence in North Texas, D.R. Horton is not limited to building in only the Lone Star State. It's approximately 2,900 employees keep the business thriving throughout 25 states across the United States.

Though down by 64 starts from a year ago, D.R. Horton easily gained the top spot by outdistancing second place Pulte Homes of Texas LP of Coppell, which had 898 starts.

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic