FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

KB Home - The Fat Lady is Singing View next topic
View previous topic

Houston Builder
Dyn-o-mite!

Re: KB
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

catch22 wrote:
While I am not a fan of Kb or the management it would be nice if tou would post your name and company so the people who know you could take shots at you for the mistakes you have made in life. While you are on this blog Davison is counting the millions of dollars he made, Iphone or not, and you talk about this guy like a bitter ex wife at a cocktail party.

I buy and sell builder stocks so I watch them execute at the local level -

KB has the biggest ego in the bidness yet everyone knows that they are a joke - and kylie davison is an example of that ego run amok - kb will come up with another smoke and mirrors strategy to mask the fact that they are out of $$ and can't compete with the big boys

This forum is an excellent way to stay on top of what's going on in the industry -

I get stuff like who is missing payroll, Horton growing to 85 communities in DFW...
BigDuke6
Flash in the pan

Re: KB Home - The Fat Lady is Singing
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We all get that you don't like KB, and they certainly leave a lot to be desired. However, your just repeating yourself over and over with the same iPhone line. It is like hearing the same joke over and over again. After hearing it so many times the humor is gone, and to be perfectly honest the rest of your opinion is lost because it seems like you just parrot the same line about the iPhone.

I don't know anything about the Texas market, but in Northern California KB is one fo the top builders. I also fail to see any real difference between KB and DR Horton. They are very similar as far as builders go in my opinion with the main difference being that Horton is bigger.

Bash KB all you like, but please, please, come up with some new material.

And it seems like you are only watching KB, a fairly large national builder, execute at the local level in one state. I don't believe it is fair to judge any of the big builders by what happens in one state/market.
NewHomeDallas
Dyn-o-mite!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Houston Builder:

You can get information, but using just Texas iformation isn't going to make you money. One of the companies you dislike, Lennar, has the highest stock advance this year from 12 month low to present value. Another that appears to be leaving the Texas market would have made you the most money over the last rwo years by a great margin
Houston Builder
Dyn-o-mite!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

BigDuke6 wrote:

And it seems like you are only watching KB, a fairly large national builder, execute at the local level in one state. I don't believe it is fair to judge any of the big builders by what happens in one state/market.

I watch many builders in many markets -

Horton getting to 88 communities in DFW shows that they have the muscle to dominate and are lean enough to execute their strategy quickly

If KB invented the I phone in Houston, what do they call the $500M Inspirada debacle? Is that their version of the Prius?

Last edited by Houston Builder on Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total
cicero
Dud?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
That was Kyle Davison's decision to compare their M Stewart homes to the I phone. KB will probably do something similar with the tiny energy efficient boxes they are rolling out.

" Bash KB all you like, but please, please, come up with some new material."

Okay. Tired of the Iphone line? Next we'll hear KB say their little crapshacks are "The Igloo Playmate Coolers" of the homebuilding industry.

How's that? Laughing

I'm not in the homebuilding industry at all. I just know a crappy house when I see one, and when my wife and I were looking around DFW, we popped in to a model of theirs and were, frankly, shocked at how chessy they were. Then I found out they're selling even CHEAPER homes in Houston . . . . wow! Shocked [/quote]
Houston Builder
Dyn-o-mite!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

cicero wrote:
Quote:
That was Kyle Davison's decision to compare their M Stewart homes to the I phone. KB will probably do something similar with the tiny energy efficient boxes they are rolling out.

Okay. Tired of the Iphone line? Next we'll hear KB say their little crapshacks are "The Igloo Playmate Coolers" of the homebuilding industry.
How's that? Laughing

That's hilarius, so they are building the Igloo Playmate Coolers of the industry!

Here is the distinction between KB and other builders like Long Lakes. With KB, they always have a gimmick (open series w/o walls or doors, houses built south of the border, i phone homes, igloo coolers) to cover up the fact that they build the crappiest, cheapest home in the market. Their strategy is to buy cheap property in bad areas and build slum type housing.

I got an email fromn DFW about KB - all of their Dallas communities are in african american areas. I believe in affirmative action but this is not a profitable strategy. All the homebuilding analysts look at this site - when they see that KB has no communities in the lucrative north dallas/anglo suburbs, they will realize that their strategy is a total sham. They whacked Don Barrineuau b/c Don wanted to build in Frisco and sell houses to anglo families.

KB decided to focus on slums b/c they are cheap and Horton passes over slum subdivisions. Nice job Kyle Davison!

The other publics have well defined strategies - not just talk, talk, talk...

Lennar - buying notes at a steep discount
Horton - 88 storefronts in DFW
KB - next gimmick - tiny slum houses that don't use much electricity will be touted as their 'prius' of the industry.

Last edited by Houston Builder on Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
mikestrong
Cherry Bomb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Houston Builder wrote:
cicero wrote:
Quote:

How's that? Laughing

That's hilarius, so they are building the Igloo Playmate Coolers of the industry!

Here is the distinction between KB and other builders like Long Lakes. With KB, they always have a gimmick (open series w/o walls or doors, houses built south of the border, i phone homes, igloo coolers) to cover up the fact that they build the crappiest, cheapest home in the market. Their strategy is to buy cheap property in bad areas and build slum type housing.

I got an email fromn DFW about KB - all of their Dallas communities are in african american areas. I believe in affirmative action but this is not a profitable strategy. All the homebuilding analsts look at this site - when they see that KB has no communities in the lucratrive north dallas/anglo suburbs, they will realize that their strategy is a total sham. They whacked Don Barrineuau b/c Don wanted to build in Frisco and sell houses to anglo families.

KB decided to focus on slums b/c they are cheap and Horton passes over slum subdivisions. Nice job Kyle Davison!

The other publics have well defined strategies - not just talk, talk, talk...

Lennar - buying notes at a steep discount
Horton - 88 storefronts in DFW
KB - next gimmick - tiny slum houses that don't use much electricity will be touted as their 'prius' of the industry.

Don is a good guy too. He wanted to actually do some really neat things with KB in Dallas. I saw some of the stuff. It was incredible, BUT KB wouldn't let him do anything from Day 1. He just hung around and picked up his big check until he was axed. You can't blame him since there are limited DP jobs now.
Houston Builder
Dyn-o-mite!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Houston Builder wrote:
cicero wrote:
Quote:

I got an email fromn DFW about KB - all of their Dallas communities are in african american areas. They whacked Don Barrineuau b/c Don wanted to build in Frisco and sell houses to anglo families.

Don is a good guy too. He wanted to actually do some really neat things with KB in Dallas. I saw some of the stuff. It was incredible, BUT KB wouldn't let him do anything from Day 1. He just hung around and picked up his big check until he was axed.

MS - you have excellent DFW information - I compared KB's DFW community map to Horton's -

Horton - 35 communities in Frisco, McKinney, Plano, Allen - these are the areas with the best schools and are close to job centers
KB - 0 communties in those same areas - they build in south dallas (african american) and cheap areas of fort worth

KB can talk a great game, but if you are only selling in the slum areas, they will be doomed.

Kb can lie to their employees and general public and tell them they build in "A" locations, but they can't lie to the industry.

Analysts like Ivy Zelman and Steven East read these blogs every day - they understand the dynamics very well.

If you want to compare strategies to see who will emerge from the ruins, look no further than DFW, the largest new home market in the USA
Houston Builder
Dyn-o-mite!

Re: KB
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I wonder if Kyle Davison is still claiming that KB has matched up with the latest I Phone!!
catch22
Flash in the pan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He is probably listening to the fat lady singing for close to a year. For a year you have done this to KB. You should really be shamed of yourself, which of course you are the typical Monday Morning Quarterback. So enlighten us all on whats your claim to fame? What do you do so great? Besides criticize companies with employees making hundreds of thousands of dollars? You are such an idiot

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic