FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

Koo-Laid Korner View next topic
View previous topic

achtung
Nitroglycerin

Re: Koo-Laid Korner
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

buyerbeware wrote:
suzyQ wrote:
buyerbeware wrote:
http://noir.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601068&sid=a.GJEwAXsRU8

"Employment increased by 187,000 last month after a revised 247,000 gain in December that was less than initially estimated, according to figures from ADP Employer Services. The median estimate in the Bloomberg News survey called for a 140,000 gain last month."

And...

"Job cuts announced by U.S. employers dropped in January by 46 percent to 38,519, according to Challenger, Gray & Christmas. The Chicago-based placement firm said it marked the fewest job cuts for any January since record-keeping began in 1993."

KOO-LAID BRO!

My compliments on your creative punctuation. Thank you so much for sharing. I am now quite encouraged that there may be a job opening when I get LAID-OFF next month. However, it will be a vacancy I create.
(And it is also commission based). Hahahahahahaha!

You're right. Posting this was a bad idea. As we've all been told, posting articles that don't fold into the site's editorial preference for bad news is tantamount to an insensitivity to the pain many people are experiencing. I don't agree. In fact, I think it's a ridiculous assumption. Posting an article about positive employment trends is not meant as an insult, but it is taken that way. I don't understand that, but some people are insulted by anything but bad news for whatever reason; it's not important that I understand. It's more important that I heed the message; go along to get along or get lost.

Point taken.

The neo-Nostradamus prognosticators have a vested interested in promoting the negative. Some, who have never been in the industry, have a bizarre schadenfreudish, way of managing what is presented on this site.

I think the intent of this site was to blow the lid off the mortgage industry, but they attracted people who love the industry. Says alot about those of us who continue to come back.

– Paul Martin
suzyQ
Wrecking crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The fact that I am still working in this industry is disturbing as I have broken every single pledge I made. I didn't want to ride the train to the graveyard. I swore if it came to the point I made little more than minimum wage I would be done.

I got a warning today. Mild from a friend. Do not continue to post on anti-industry from work. Okay. In many ways, my a$$ maybe should have been canned for that awhile ago. But the realities of what happened and the unwinding these last few years overall has just been a horrible personal experience that extended throughout the planet.

The horse left the barn - which was burning in flames. Corporate greed that has taken a toll in every sector of our economy and is resetting a climate of where people live, what they eat, what they view in media and is taking lives in depriving food due to commodity factors - a world aflame in economic indicators is an end play.

Destruction and greed do not produce sunshine and daisies. It doesn't mean that everyone ends up homeless and we are all swinging a 12 gauge at our neighbors. It means we have to change as human beings. We need to define what is really important and how do we as still the wealthiest country on earth maintain the light and hope to a world that seems filled with chaos?

Life grows from ashes and this is a lesson that had to take a toll before that could happen. If we set all the bull***t aside - everyone needs to decide what is really important and how do we get there as a society. We will grow and we will change. Evolving. And the corporate bastards that cling to the wet dream of controlling the world? Well, others have tried before you and it never works out.

Because we are all just ashes in the end and it is only life that survives.

Wrecking crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

suzyQ wrote:
I got a warning today. Mild from a friend. Do not continue to post on anti-industry from work.

if your using your works computer and internet it makes sense BUT if the company permits personal time online and you are using an alias tell them to pound sand...

if that doesnt work show them the 1st amendment.. ppl cannot tell you what you can and cannot do the moment we start giving in those freedoms are lost. This is a small nudge eventually those small nudges add up and next thing you know you cant say anything!

Remember remember the fifth of November. Gunpowder, treason and plot. I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...
achtung
Nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

In April of 2009, 80% of companies were reporting negative quarterly reports, the stock exchanges were on the verge of collapsing.
People were running for the exits, and stocking up on food staples etc.

2 years later 80 % of the corporate quarterlies are now positive, and the markets have doubled from the 2009 lows.

Best thing to say right now, is that we lived through it. It isn't over, but so far so good.

– Paul Martin
bdk
Wrecking crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

achtung wrote:
In April of 2009, 80% of companies were reporting negative quarterly reports, the stock exchanges were on the verge of collapsing.

2 years later 80 % of the corporate quarterlies are now positive, and the markets have doubled from the 2009 lows.

Best thing to say right now, is that we lived through it. It isn't over, but so far so good.

You think the final collapse s over? LOL what will your excuse be when the bailout bubble of all these companies you are citing via their quarterlies burst?

You do understand that right all this "positivity" folks like yourself report on is a result of the massive bailouts, staff reduction, outsourcing overseas etc. The USS America is sinking and it appears you are one of the guys sitting back having a drink listening to the band play?!

Remember remember the fifth of November. Gunpowder, treason and plot. I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...
achtung
Nitroglycerin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bdk wrote:
achtung wrote:

You think the final collapse s over? LOL what will your excuse be when the bailout bubble of all these companies you are citing via their quarterlies burst?

You do understand that right all this "positivity" folks like yourself report on is a result of the massive bailouts, staff reduction, outsourcing overseas etc. The USS America is sinking and it appears you are one of the guys sitting back having a drink listening to the band play?!

No, I believe the Last collapse is over. The final collapse has not started yet.

There are still problems ahead. There are way to many good people that need to obtain employment. That is the downturn in a nutshell. Jobs, Jobs, Jobs.

Do we have the ability to make new jobs? Yes

If we get more jobs, does the budget deficit go away? Yes
(addition by subtraction: Take people off the dole and make them taxpayers again)

Do we have the ability to fight inflation? Yes
We have (arguably) the greatest amount of natural resources in the world, yet we don't want to drill, we give tax incentives not to plant, we prohibit mining of rare earth metals, we prohibit nuclear power expansion, we do not allow for vehicles to be converted to natural gas ... the list goes on and on. ( I won't even start on ethanol ... )

You can listen to the negative side and react to that, or you can look at what is possible, Your choice.

– Paul Martin
buyerbeware
Schumpeter Reincarnate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

achtung wrote:
bdk wrote:
achtung wrote:

No, I believe the Last collapse is over. The final collapse has not started yet.

There are still problems ahead. There are way to many good people that need to obtain employment. That is the downturn in a nutshell. Jobs, Jobs, Jobs.

Do we have the ability to make new jobs? Yes

If we get more jobs, does the budget deficit go away? Yes
(addition by subtraction: Take people off the dole and make them taxpayers again)

Do we have the ability to fight inflation? Yes
We have (arguably) the greatest amount of natural resources in the world, yet we don't want to drill, we give tax incentives not to plant, we prohibit mining of rare earth metals, we prohibit nuclear power expansion, we do not allow for vehicles to be converted to natural gas ... the list goes on and on. ( I won't even start on ethanol ... )

You can listen to the negative side and react to that, or you can look at what is possible, Your choice.

Well said, German guy...

For your consideration: http://www.naturalnews.com/030.....hanol.html

Voltaire
jsmorrison55
Dud?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i agree with you buyerbeware. let's just all take the positive thoughts and gestures as positive, not in general, but in consideration. as much as negative posts and articles are concerned, if it does not attack a certain issue of a person or whoever, whatever, then its fair game, i concur.

but hey, your handle is scary. or is it just provocative. lol.

pba20420
C-4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I found at least one secure and growing career field I have just joined. Corrections. Prisons are filling up so fast, they cannot keep up enough staff.

Goodbye Financial Services, you will not be missed!

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic