FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

On the subject of the Military Industrial Complex..... View next topic
View previous topic

maudejo
Schumpeter Reincarnate

On the subject of the Military Industrial Complex.....
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories.....ontentBody

"When President Eisenhower warned 50 years ago this month of the dangers of “unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex,” he could never have dreamed that one for-profit weapons outfit would so fully insinuate itself into so many aspects of American life. Lockheed Martin has helped turn Eisenhower’s dismal mid-twentieth-century vision into a for-profit military-industrial-surveillance complex fit for the twenty-first century, one in which no governmental activity is now beyond its reach."

In the end, though, I believe that the freedom/liberty people and message and the natural physics of the events at work, will assist the centralized power structures of the last two centuries to crumble to ash under their own despotic mass.
JW
suzyQ
Wrecking crew

Re: On the subject of the Military Industrial Complex.....
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

maudejo wrote:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/01/12/opinion/main7237750_page2.shtml?tag=contentMain;contentBody

"When President Eisenhower warned 50 years ago this month of the dangers of “unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex,” he could never have dreamed that one for-profit weapons outfit would so fully insinuate itself into so many aspects of American life. Lockheed Martin has helped turn Eisenhower’s dismal mid-twentieth-century vision into a for-profit military-industrial-surveillance complex fit for the twenty-first century, one in which no governmental activity is now beyond its reach."

Maude - I was just thinking about all of this when I set up a Facebook page a few days ago. Within 24 hours I was chatting with a gal I used to play Barbies with - like almost 5 decade ago and no contact for 40 years - that was how quickly the dots got connected!!

I thought - Wow! Good thing I'm not wanted or on the run or trying to live under the radar - they would know everyone I shared a cup of coffee ...and have all my IM postings. Aaargh - courtesy of the "Patriot Act." When are we going to get around to repealing that?

Schumpeter Reincarnate

Re: On the subject of the Military Industrial Complex.....
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

From the looks of things not until we are officially a Banana Republic. Humans have got to be the only animal where the hardest to learn is the least complicated.

In the end, though, I believe that the freedom/liberty people and message and the natural physics of the events at work, will assist the centralized power structures of the last two centuries to crumble to ash under their own despotic mass.
JW

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic