FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

Home Builder Move-Up Programs View next topic
View previous topic

TX Homebuilder
Dyn-o-mite!

Home Builder Move-Up Programs
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Most Builders Have Move Up Program Relationships For Prospects With A Home To Sell. The Realtors Assist In Selling The Prospets Current Home With A Reduced/Deferred Commission So The Prospects Can Proceed With Building The New Home. There Are Nationwide And Local Move Up Companies. My Experience Has Been With Local Companies. As A Builder I Like The Fact I Have An Ongoing Relationship With The Realtor. Recently, Many Move Up Programs Have Really Stepped Up While Others Have Pulled In The Reigns. Buyers Should Be Aware Of These Programs...Especially In Times Of Limited Equities.
go34blue
Dud?

I agree
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am helping a large DFW builder roll just such a program out in the first quarter of 2011. We have been helping them "unoffically" for the last three years with success, but are just now putting things in place to increase the level of use at the sales person level.

Dyn-o-mite!

Buyer Move Up Programs - A Must For Builders
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree. With the stagnation of existing home values many home buyers want a new home but think they cannot clear enough funds from their current home to purchase a new home. I anticipate we will see more and more builders utilizing and possibly even advertising move up programs in the near future.
As a Texas home builder I found the move up programs helpful in increasing my sales yet lacking buyer's options.
Since expanding back into resale real estate, along with my construction company, I created a program available to all home builders. The program includes extras that weren't addressed by the old programs. My thought was, who knows what a home builders client needs better than a home builder? The response has been very encouraging.
As good as the Texas market may be in comparison to the rest of the nation, our buyers still need all the help we can give them.
Floorpop
Dud?

Re: Home Builder Move-Up Programs
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Move-up programs are a wonderful tool to have at your disposal for Builder's who are still willing to write contingencies. I have worked for a few National Builders in DFW and each one has always had multiple relationships with brokers to assist prospective buyers with existing homes to sell. A lot of the Guaranteed Buy-Out (GBO) Programs have gone by the way-side with the market as tight as it is, but at least I have the ability to contract a buyer and start a new home for them contingent upon the sale/closing of their existing home...and in most cases return all invested earnest money if the home does not sell by the pre-determined time that both Buyer/Seller agree upon up front.

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic