FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

Grand Homes, Allen tx View next topic
View previous topic

mikestrong
Cherry Bomb

Re: Grand Homes, Allen tx
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

realfirecraker wrote:
Sorry didnt want to make anyone mad.

I do appreciate your reply mikestrong

No, I am not saying I would only buy from a person of color, I am just saying I have only "seen" very few people of color at GRAND new home communities. Which I feel is racist AND I know 6 people of color who applied went to the so called Monday night interview and all have experience and guess what, none of them hired..

all worked for choice homes, all licensed agents and none of them hired!!

I am black and white, so it does not matter who sells me the home.

Again, my experience with Grand very very snobby people.

worked for Choice and loved it, problem I do not want to work for a builder who is not respected and I do not believe in the product im selling.. my license is inactive and I am looking

I think in this market experience and track record will win the day. Most home builders are worried about money. They want success. Not color. With that said, every great job I have had came from the fact I new someone that did well at the company and that came from meeting as many people as possible over the years and befriending. I would imagine that this is even more true now.
mortgagemaster
Dud?

Grand Homes in Allen
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Having worked for an affiliate of The Drees Company for nearly 5 years, I can tell you that there is no better company to build your home. They are very solid financially and have excellent people in the organization at all levels. I had a home built by a competitor and asked an associate in construction to walk my house and do a punch list. He found many items, some of which the city inspector had missed. You will not go wrong with Drees. As for the other builder you are considering, I agree with some of the others who have commented: Ask their current homeowners how they were treated, ESPECIALLY after closing. Good luck!
jamf92
Flash in the pan

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My 2 cents, if you are looking at buying a home in the $350K+ market (in the D/FW area) then neither Grand or Drees are your best choice. I would look at Darling Homes. I personally think they have a better looking design / layout and they always rank high on the JD Powers listing.
Done That
Cherry Bomb

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

REsales wrote:
If someone gave me a Grand home I don't think I would take it. I've seen to many that after a year or two have just to many problems.

They've worked hard to become the bottom of JD Powers and certainly deserve the spot.

Them and KB are a pair.
Grand now displays "Home builder of the year". What a joke. If buyers just understood what it takes to get the award. They sure don't display the last several years when they had the lowest customer satisfaction of any builder on the J.D. Power surveys
Done That
Cherry Bomb

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Done That wrote:
REsales wrote:
If someone gave me a Grand home I don't think I would take it. I've seen to many that after a year or two have just to many problems.

They've worked hard to become the bottom of JD Powers and certainly deserve the spot.

Them and KB are a pair.
Grand now displays "Home builder of the year". What a joke. If buyers just understood what it takes to get the award. They sure don't display the last several years when they had the lowest customer satisfaction of any builder on the J.D. Power surveys
Grand says the won the Consummers Choice Award in 07, 08, 09. I have tried to google information on this award and find nothing. Is this like getting a doctors degree through the mail? Anyone know any details on who give the award?
NewHomeDallas
Dyn-o-mite!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Done That:

I found a site for them, consumersdchoiceaward.com. It appears that they are a "Pay for award" company based in Atlanta. I found information for 2008 and Grand won under the "Home Improvement" catagory. It's like Consumer's Digest who wants people to think their ratings are from Consumer's Reports.
Nelson
Dyn-o-mite!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

NewHomeDallas, Good Research
Had to look at it myself. There they are on the 2nd page of Home improvement awards for Dallas.
Ironically, the list is headed up by Advanced Foundation Repair.

Hilarious

Dud?

Grand BOY 2007
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Back in Jan 2007 (if I recall corrrectly) Grand had signs up that said "2007 Builder of the Year". I had to laugh... I thought that's an award you would get at the end of the year for 2007.

How Hokey can you get and it's a shame they advertise such BS to the public. It goes with their "Free Pool" Never saw one of their free pools.

There homes are hard to resale.
BillyA
Cherry Bomb

Grand homes
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

RE Sales just an FYI. You may want to check things prior to posting. This is from the DBA (dallas builders assoc.)

McSam Builder of the Year 2005 - for a company with under 1000 Units Completed
Grand Homes, Inc.
Nelson
Dyn-o-mite!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

McSam serves its purpose, but readers should understand that to win a McSam award you have to apply for it, (or maybe be nominated by a supplier or manager).

It is not like the McSam committee goes out and searches for the best builder. I also think their criteria is sales, marketing and design oriented, not based on customer service or construction quality.

JD Powers, with all its flaws, at least surveys and considers all builders who build at least the minimum number of houses. (I think it is 150)

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic