FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

Grand Homes, Allen tx View next topic
View previous topic

Moan Alot
Flash in the pan

Re: Grand Homes, Allen tx
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rainfall, you mostly answered your own question. " it seemed that Drees had better quality" I know that Grand has been on a tear to try to get out of the bottom group in Quality, but I do not know where they stand now. My personal policy is that I trash most resumes automatically if the builder has worked for Grand, mainly because they have worked for lots of builders in a very short time and Grand seems to run through them very qiuckly. We have hired thier sales staff, there are some fairly high trained individuals there. They generally last a year or so at Grand; by there own admittance, "they feel abused' and leave for better treatment.
Buy with your head and not with your heart, walk homes and ask buyers in more than one neighborhood. Homeowners love to talk about thier builder, especially if they hate them.
mikestrong
Cherry Bomb

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I worked for Grand back on 01". I was trying to get into the business and they would hire just about anybody. I stayed 6 months to get experience then left to a "real" builder.

The management and owner treat people like dogs. When I was there, the turnover in sales was about 90% in 90days. See, their draw is for 90 days, after that nada.
30 years in the business
Dud?

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rainfall, Go with Drees or Weekley(usually very high on JD Power) and duck Grand. You will never have a voice if something goes wrong. Only the CEO has a voice.
Nelson
Dyn-o-mite!

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When you knock on doors in the Grand neighborhood make sure you ask if the person living there owns the home or is renting it. This is especailly important for the homes near the lot you are looking at.

Dud?

grand homes..hmmmm
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

What I know about Grand Homes-Very Snobby People!!!

GRAND HOME PRODUCT-SOME PEOPLE LOVE GRAND HOMES

WHY? THEY ARE HUGE AND "LOOK" VERY VERY NICE

I FEEL THAT THE BUILDER DOES NOT HIRE TOO MANY OF "COLOR" AND THAT IS A PROBLEM!!!

I ALSO FEEL LIKE THEY SHOULD HIRE LICENSED REAL ESTATE AGENTS WHO HAVE SALES TRAINING IN NEW HOMES

PERSONALLY I DO NOT LIKE GRAND HOMES, BUT* THE HOMES DO LOOK GOOD. I HAVE A FRIEND WHO IS AN AGENT AND SHE SELLS THEM QUITE OFTEN WITH NO PROBLEMS.

IF YOU DO PURCHASE A GRAND HOME, GO ON CRAIGSLIST AND FIND YOURSELF AN AGENT WHO WILL GIVE YOU A REBATE AND WILL REPRESENT YOU!!! ALSO MAKE OFFERS!!!

AT LEAST GRAND HOMES IS BETTER THEN THOSE SNOBBY BLANK BLANK MHI PLANTATION JOKERS. THANKS THE FIRECRAKER HAS SPOKEN
Triedntrue
Flash in the pan

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 5:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Firecracker, I hace worked for both...Grand homes does not discriminate cuz they will hire anyone with a pulse. I have worked for both and would rather go back to MHI, plantation or Coventry, than sell my soul to the powers that be at Grand,
realfirecraker
Dud?

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 11:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

interesting......

just cant bring myself to doing it, nope just cant do it, cant apply for Grand Homes. nope....

they have a new ad on careerbuilder every two weeks.
mikestrong
Cherry Bomb

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

realfirecraker wrote:
interesting......

just cant bring myself to doing it, nope just cant do it, cant apply for Grand Homes. nope....

they have a new ad on careerbuilder every two weeks.

You should really be worried about Grands c**p quality. Its a known fact. Are you saying you only want to buy from a person of color? Thats racist if so.

Grand would hire any color, heck you could be digging ditches before and they will give you a 3 month trial.
realfirecraker
Dud?

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 7:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry didnt want to make anyone mad.

I do appreciate your reply mikestrong

No, I am not saying I would only buy from a person of color, I am just saying I have only "seen" very few people of color at GRAND new home communities. Which I feel is racist AND I know 6 people of color who applied went to the so called Monday night interview and all have experience and guess what, none of them hired..

all worked for choice homes, all licensed agents and none of them hired!!

I am black and white, so it does not matter who sells me the home.

Again, my experience with Grand very very snobby people.

worked for Choice and loved it, problem I do not want to work for a builder who is not respected and I do not believe in the product im selling.. my license is inactive and I am looking
REsales
Dud?

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 1:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If someone gave me a Grand home I don't think I would take it. I've seen to many that after a year or two have just to many problems.

They've worked hard to become the bottom of JD Powers and certainly deserve the spot.

Them and KB are a pair.

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic