FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

 HOUSTON (mis)CHRONICLE View next topic
View previous topic



Post new topicReply to topic
Author Message
Triedntrue
Flash in the pan


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 79

Re: HOUSTON (mis)CHRONICLE
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Bravo Bravo Tx Homebuilder!!!!!! Are you my boss incognito??
View user's profileSend private message
Cali~girl
Dyn-o-mite!


Joined: 01 Dec 2008
Posts: 370
Location: Texas

BAD BUILDERS IN COGNITO
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you know or are a good builder then identify yourselves, why don't you?

_________________
Truth Matters
View user's profileSend private message
John R
Flash in the pan


Joined: 02 Feb 2009
Posts: 52
Location: Houston Texas

good builders
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It is a sad realization why a "good builder" will not identify them self.

It is the realization that there are some people that walk among us who have severe issues. For various reasons, some people's logic becomes warped with misinformation or erratic emotion (or both). Some hold it in. Some write angry and hostile letters or posts. Unfortunately, a very few act out in a violent manner. We see it on the news when someone takes out their rage on the innocent and undeserving. The Oklahoma City bombing, World Trade Center, and James Byrd Jr. illustrate this point. With over 4 million viewers on this site, it would not surprise me if a handful of viewers are looking for an opportunity to act out their frustration or rage. For that reason, it is common sense that anyone should not be too specific about themselves. Just because a person is honorable and respectable, that does not protect them from the few crazies that walk among us.

Cali~girl - Just to be clear. I am not assuming that you are one of the "crazies". This post is not specifically directed toward you personally, but merely an answer to your question.

Everyone, have a great week!

As far as the Chronicle is concerned. I remember a headline back in 2007 saying that "Home Sales Are Down 3%". When I read the article, it said that in the same month of the previous year (2006) sales were up 10% and now (2007) sales are up only 7% so even though total number of sales are up, the headline was "Sales Down 3%" because there was a 7% increase instead of a 10% increase. The headline should have been "Sales Up 7%".
View user's profileSend private message
BadMoon
Flash in the pan


Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 49
Location: USA

U got 2 be joking
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

U R a freakin sicko

_________________
I see the bad moon arising
View user's profileSend private message
Triedntrue
Flash in the pan


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 79

Re: HOUSTON (mis)CHRONICLE
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And you should take your bad moon, bad manners and bad vibes elsewhere. Moderator where arrreeee yyooouua????
View user's profileSend private message
BadMoon
Flash in the pan


Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 49
Location: USA

Re: HOUSTON (mis)CHRONICLE
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Triedntrue wrote:
And you should take your bad moon, bad manners and bad vibes elsewhere. Moderator where arrreeee yyooouua????


did U read what that loon wrote?
mods while U R at it looks this posters - posts

_________________
I see the bad moon arising
View user's profileSend private message
Triedntrue
Flash in the pan


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 79

Re: HOUSTON (mis)CHRONICLE
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No, Bad Moon...I just logged on and saw freakin loon. and reacted.

I will start a new topic regarding this...but at 3 or so this afternoon in Lucas, a man came in and had his whole bs story down pat..Coming in to money yaddah...Long story short...he swiped my wallet and before I knewit chase called and said there had just been over 500$ in charges at the local ...Talked to realtor friends and other onsite folks and this slime bag has uses a similar story in open houses models ets. So please all of you ladies n germs that are on site. Ive been doing this for over 20 years. Knew Sara that was killed and several women robbed. Keep your guard UP!ld If anyone would like more info please email me.

Bad Moon, what were your referring to?? Sad Sad Rolling Eyes Embarassed Mad
View user's profileSend private message
Cali~girl
Dyn-o-mite!


Joined: 01 Dec 2008
Posts: 370
Location: Texas

Re: good builders
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

John R wrote:
It is a sad realization why a "good builder" will not identify them self.

It is the realization that there are some people that walk among us who have severe issues. For various reasons, some people's logic becomes warped with misinformation or erratic emotion (or both). Some hold it in. Some write angry and hostile letters or posts. Unfortunately, a very few act out in a violent manner. We see it on the news when someone takes out their rage on the innocent and undeserving. The Oklahoma City bombing, World Trade Center, and James Byrd Jr. illustrate this point. With over 4 million viewers on this site, it would not surprise me if a handful of viewers are looking for an opportunity to act out their frustration or rage. For that reason, it is common sense that anyone should not be too specific about themselves. Just because a person is honorable and respectable, that does not protect them from the few crazies that walk among us.

Cali~girl - Just to be clear. I am not assuming that you are one of the "crazies". This post is not specifically directed toward you personally, but merely an answer to your question.


As a matter of fact, the crazies directly affected me and my husband. The second plane to strike the Twin Towers was piloted by the brother-in-law of one of my husband's close Navy co-workers. The plane that struck the Pentagon killed Rob Schlegel as he sat at his desk. Rob was my husband's roomate back in 1991-2 onboard the USS Harry E. Yarnell (CG-17).

So, no I'm not a "crazy," but I can say that as an American, I was "directly" affected by 9/11.

_________________
Truth Matters
View user's profileSend private message
Crow
Cherry Bomb


Joined: 04 Nov 2008
Posts: 154
Location: U.S.A.

Re: mis (chronicle)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

economan wrote:
Oh, Crow - or should I say Janet's other login...


So you think because two people sometimes agree they must be the same person? It's funny you think I'm Janet though. Laughing

economan wrote:
Your facts are so off base it's not even funny. Even just the 2 reporters mentioned in this thread have rarely if ever been a "friend" to the industry, let alone a mouthpiece.


The reporters have little to say about it personally--it's their editors who are calling the shots. Even editors don't have to like the builders, they just have to want their advertising money and have a desire not to be sued by the builders. I've worked w/the media a fair amount. I see the facts and info that goes into a story and I see the abbreviated version that comes out the other end.

economan wrote:
Where I agree with you folks is that a person should not get shoddy workmanship. Everyone deserves a quality built home that is commensurate with the price. Like the story in the carolinas about the Pulte home the reporter could shake with his own hands - unbelievable! None of this is acceptable! It's just like anything else - a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch.


If only it were just a few bad apples. If there are so many good builders out there, if they outnumber the bad ones, why are the good builders silent? If it were just a few bad apples the good ones would have the power to get rid of them w/no fear of retribution from the industry. At least we do agree that no one should get a crappy house!

economan wrote:
Once again, though, as I've pointed out in other posts, the beginning of the "bubble" occured in the financial sector. Please spare me the myriad of links to your websites, and go check your facts with www.economy.com, morgan stanley, or any other economic source. Noone who is literate or on this post is enjoying the current economic environment, but you just as readily cast blame on the wrong industry as you claim some pass a share to the negative, liberal media and its supporters.


It was in some cases these financial 'experts' who got us into this mess, so why should I go to their websites for advice, now? Also, I never said nor have I seen anyone say, that the builders were the entire fault of the economic meltdown. But they are a part of it, because they, too, were doing loans, inflating prices, and committing mortgage fraud. I don't think many people realize how many loans they made. Many of the foreclosures are in new developments. Notices of fines and investigations into builders and mortgage fraud are from news as well as govt sites, too. HUD publishes RESPA settlements and results of their OIG investigations on hud.gov. The FBI has alluded some some builders being investigated along w/financial institutions now, too. They were not innocent bystanders, they were active participants, in the bubble.

economan wrote:
give me something good - tell me the builder who has done it right. Does NO ONE deserve endorsement? And if not, why haven't you folks gathered together to create that entity that is above reproach?


I can't say I honestly know even one builder who's doing it right. But then, when I found out how widespread of a problem this is, I kind of lost interest in looking. There's nothing about a new house that's so rewarding it's worth taking that kind of risk again. Why don't I or others form a building company or organization that's about doing it right? Because my career lies in another field and I don't care to switch careers.

economan wrote:
I'm not defending the entire industry, but I am perplexed that you can condemn the total industry on every post. The guilty deserve to be named, and the innocent should be applauded from the mountaintops so future consumers can buy with confidence.


Would be glad to applaud anyone who's truly doing it right, if I knew one. If I bash what seems to be an entire industry, perhaps it's just that there's not much sense in trying to separate a few grains of wheat from a few tons of chaff. Let those in the industry who claim to be doing it right, band together and kick out the bad ones themselves. But if they do that poorly, too, they can count on continued criticism.

economan wrote:
Back to the media - I don't know that they created a bubble - don't know who could claim or prove that one up, but they sure haven't helped- thereby many outlets becoming victims of their own doing.


Doubt it'll ever be proven one way or another, unless someone finds numerous pieces of rock solid evidence to show there was an effort to avoid printing the truth and that it was for the benefit of their advertisers. I'm not holding my breath waiting. However, I'm not blind or deaf, and I know what I was reading/hearing on mainstream media over the last few years compared to what was really going on, and what was available to those who knew how to find alternative news sources.
View user's profileSend private message
TX Homebuilder
Dyn-o-mite!


Joined: 09 Feb 2009
Posts: 276
Location: Houston Metro

Sun Times
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Chicago Sun Times filed bakruptcy ...do you hear the footsteps Chronicle editors, reporters and staff? You thought you were so superior when you had the cash to buy your competitor then shut them down so you could print any trash you wanted and the readers and advertisers had no choice. Hey, there's an idea.....what if a large ...say KB Home came in and bought the rest of us? Then they could shut us down and build whatever c**p they wanted .... and you, yes you Joe Public, wouldn't have any choice of when you needed a new home. That would suck wouldn't ...and so does the Chronicle.

BTW...Crow...if you "can't find one builder doing it right" maybe it's because you're not looking. So what is your field of expertise? I'm certain it must be flawless. Care to share that with us?

Aditionally, the good builders aren't being silent...you can't hear us because you aren't listening.
View user's profileSend private message
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic


 Jump to:   


Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB 2.0.22-2 (Debian) © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group :: FI Theme :: All times are GMT