FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

KB Houston Rumor View next topic
View previous topic

Houston Builder
Dyn-o-mite!

KB Houston Rumor
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My sources tell me that the KB Houston team is NOT going to end up running the company even though that's what they have planned and have told several people.

Supposedley, the corporate guys in LA and the Austin wannabees have convinced the Board of Directors that they have a great Texas game plan and will control the Company as they reduce their footprint in the west coast, AZ and NV.

I heard that it comes down to the Martha Stewart community in Houston- if that community starts doing well (incredible ---- 3 sales in 18 months!!!!), then the Houston management team will have creditbility - if not, then, they need to run for the HILLS!!

So -what's the story? Are they selling MARTHA STEWART HOUSES for $300K or $65K SLUMS?!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Houston Builder on Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Hillbilly
Flash in the pan

Re: KB Houston Rumor
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Houston, are you saying that you've heard KB is leaving the west coast, AZ and NV? I thought they would leave the EAST coast first?
INSIDEMAN
Flash in the pan

KB Home Houston
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't thing they will ever fire Kyle Davison.
BigDuke6
Flash in the pan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Why would KB, a California based company, leave the west coast? I imagine most of KB's communities are on the west coast.

I don't think your sources are giving you very good information.
Houston Builder
Dyn-o-mite!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

KB isn't leaving the west coast, but none of the builders can compete with foreclosures on the coasts so they are down to skeleton crews everywhere.

KB has multiple regions and overlapping layers of mngmnt in Texas - not very smart, so supposedly there is some politicking going on about which of the Texas regions will end up running the company -

KB realizes that some well run builders like Meritage have GREAT Texas businesses but KB has a poor reputation in Texas and needs to change that to compete.

I have heard the Houston region includes the gulf coast and Dallas so they're very well positioned to lead the company - Austin and San antonio are shrinking and they will have Janet Ahmad to answer to (no 900 SF shacks in San Antonio!!!!!).

Houston is their keeper and they have a Regional President in Houston that they trust and who can point to the Martha Stewart community as his very own "skin on the wall"

- they brag to the media about their $65K housess and that's the image that KB wants to portray
TX Homebuilder
Dyn-o-mite!

Meritage? Well Run?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Houston Builder...I'm with you on the west coast dilema as I am with most of your ...they are putting a dent in the vacant foreclosures out west...but, have a long way to go.

Meritage, well run? I choked on my morning coffee. Meritage Houston has been a ship without a rudder ever since John Landon left. And I'm not a JL fan. Their CFO left when John ...now there's a CFO everyone should want, great guy! Several employees have told me they don't know who's running the show over there. Home owners are pissed at the lack of customer service. In communities such as Bridgeland they pulled a KB and brought in a stripped out low end product which devalued the present homeowners values. Meritage.........a fine blend of BS and lies.

As far as KB, or any other builder answering to Janet. Note to Texas Home ...replace Janet with someone credible. Sorry Janet but your "record" hurts you here. Having Janet as your liason is like having Dennis Rodman as Secretary of State. The home buyers of Texas need some one with alot more diplomacy to represent them for change in Texas homebuilding.
littledude
Flash in the pan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

tx homebiulder,
Why you are soo sour about Janet? did she scare you? if a 67 year old
Grandma intimitate you ,means you have lots to cover up.
The lady done more for people in the last 11 years ,and free of charge,
just for the goodness of her heart, then the builders association, do not care about anything, but how to scruw people.
I'am sorry I would like to saying more, but my poor English language
does not give me, the right words to plaster you.
I 'am going to school to learn more, otherwise I can not compete with
you's BIG DUDES
Hillbilly
Flash in the pan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry Houston, I misread your first post. You make good points...thanks for the info.
TX Homebuilder
Dyn-o-mite!

Lil Dude
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

First of all you don't need to apologize about your English. You are communicating and that's always welcome. I'm not afraid of Janet...unless she plants a bomb at my home or office. And, no I'm not a big dude.

My point was ...I believe your cause would be better represented by a less radical leader. Janet could certainly be a valuable part of the team. Seldom are radicals taken seriously by government or the rest of the population. It was just a line in a paragraph. Take it for what it's worth. But I admire your ...knowing you struggle with the language and writing in spite of the difficulty.....even if we don't agree, I salute you.
littledude
Flash in the pan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tx homebuilder,
I thank you for your compliments, but I do not appriciate when a man
talk like that to a women, I think that you talk like that because you do
not know the fact; Janet Ahmad is a big heart women and She knows
what she talk about,You most work for KB, to accuse Her of planting
bombs. She was found not guilt, and for KB put the blame on somebody
that they do not agree, is dispectfull, is very LOW.
As for me, I tell you ,I do not have a pinch of respect for the BUILDERS,
And for the Chronicle? Please do not even start,because it will make me
mad, now that it touched you, the Chronicle is bad . I have lot to saying
about this, I told you before, I have language disvantage and what I want
to say, does not come the way, I would want to tell all of you, on the most
disrespectfull trade, and BIG DUDS, with lots money that they made by
take advandage of HOMEOWNERS.
I'am sorry but these are my feelings and my battle is still going and
will go as long that my builder will do the right thing.
I'am like a turtle, I go very slow, but I always get to the finish line.
Do not under estimate the power of the homeowners.
Sometime it's nice when the wheel turn on the other side.
Thank you Chronicle it's about time that you guys start to publish the
real news.

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic