FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

so who's next? View next topic
View previous topic

laidoff homebuilder
Dud?

Re: so who's next?
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I appreciate your vote of confidence for Stan Pac. However, considering I was injured (possibly permanently) due to faulty construction (yes, I have an expert construction defect report and numerous medical reports) and Stan Pac won't cooperate with attorneys there is no choice but to start litigation. I have worked in the home building industry for 12 years and this is my 6th new home. I expected better from them. Buyers beware that they don't care - they just want homeowners to go away. Someday soon they should go away too.
Pooge
Flash in the pan

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Another discussion of who may be next in the publicly held companies from Saving Alpha:

http://seekingalpha.com/articl.....chapter-11

I agree on the Tarragon and WCI forecast, not so sure about Meritage. One thing to note about Tarragon that is not in this article, they have actually been selling off (cheaply) some of the investment proerties which will cut their income from this side. They have been using the money from the sales to try to pay debt and basic operating expense. Ye olde robbing Peter to pay Paul.
Rock
Flash in the pan

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

laidoff homebuilder wrote:
I appreciate your vote of confidence for Stan Pac. However, considering I was injured (possibly permanently) due to faulty construction (yes, I have an expert construction defect report and numerous medical reports) and Stan Pac won't cooperate with attorneys there is no choice but to start litigation. I have worked in the home building industry for 12 years and this is my 6th new home. I expected better from them. Buyers beware that they don't care - they just want homeowners to go away. Someday soon they should go away too.

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with that. I notice you live in California. I am in Dallas and the warranty department here is awesome. It's unfortunate that it depends on where you live in regards to the service you receive from home builders. Some people truly have a passion for customer service. I know that I am one of those people.

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic