FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

Cornerstone out of Phoenix not paying the bills? View next topic
View previous topic

Justin
My head implode

Cornerstone out of Phoenix not paying the bills?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

From this article at azfamily.com

Quote:
All of the houses in Lewandowsky's subdivision were built by Cornerstone Homes.

"We signed a mountain of paperwork and we believed our piece of the American Dream was well under way," Lewandowsky said.

But shortly after moving in, Lewandowsky was served with a notice from a plumbing company saying it had not been paid in full for installing the plumbing in Lewandowsky's house.

As a result, the plumbing company was slapping a lien on Lewandowsky and making him pay the remaining $1,800 balance that Cornerstone didn't pay.

"My mindset is what is going on with the builder? How come they didn't pay these people?" Lewandowsky said.

Lewandowsky isn't the only one getting stuck with a big bill.

Mark Barton has also been served with a lien on his home.

Barton lives next door and says the same plumbing company is demanding roughly $2,000 from him all because Cornerstone failed to pay.

"The people who worked on my home, they have a right to get paid, but the law says they have a right to put a lien on my house," Barton said. "I am now responsible."

Kristin Briggs has two liens amounting to $5,000. One is from the same plumbing company and another is from the company that installed her air conditioner.

Briggs said the liens are stressing her out.

"Especially as a first-time homebuyer, you think everything is in place and you don't expect that [to happen]" Briggs said.

3 On Your Side started looking into Cornerstone Homes and discovered that the Arizona Registrar of Contactors suspended the company's license just last month for not being bonded as required.

Complaints for failure to pay are also being investigated.

I went to Cornerstone's headquarters in Mesa, but no one wanted to talk.

We're trying to find out if Cornerstone has imploded, is ailing, or what -- and particularly how large an operation they are. If anyone has any info, please post it here or email us!

Flash in the pan

Re: Cornerstone out of Phoenix not paying the bills?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am not familiar with them. I did look them up on the AZ Registrar of Contractors' site and both licenses are currently revoked because they do not have the necessary bonds in place. The one license also shows 6 open complaints. The company's website showed a lot of specs available, some with significant markdowns being offered.

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic