FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

KB Home - The Fat Lady is Singing View next topic
View previous topic

Floorpop
Dud?

Re: KB Home - The Fat Lady is Singing
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Back in 2007-2008, Dugas spent a lot of time talking about brand strategy and branching out in the acquisition department to become more like a Meritage Corp (Legacy, Meritage, Monterrey) product line entity. I'm guessing at least part of the reasoning was to gain market share along with creating brands to cater to specific buyer profiles - Centex (entry-level), Pulte (push for first time move-up/higher end), DiVosta/Del Webb (retirement).

You can see that brand diversification in communities today like in North Fort Worth. West Fork Ranch has a Centex (from the $100's) and a Pulte (from the $170's) product in the same community.
Houston Builder
Dyn-o-mite!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Floorpop wrote:
Back in 2007-2008, Dugas spent a lot of time talking about brand strategy and branching out in the acquisition department to become more like a Meritage Corp (Legacy, Meritage, Monterrey) product line entity. I'm guessing at least part of the reasoning was to gain market share along with creating brands to cater to specific buyer profiles - Centex (entry-level), Pulte (push for first time move-up/higher end), DiVosta/Del Webb (retirement).

You can see that brand diversification in communities today like in North Fort Worth. West Fork Ranch has a Centex (from the $100's) and a Pulte (from the $170's) product in the same community.

Pultex is doing the same thing in Houston, particularly on the west side of town. Seems to be working out ok
BigDuke6
Flash in the pan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Houston Builder wrote:
catch22 wrote:
Got I love this country

"Got I love this country"?

Catch/Kyle22 - please slow down, use spell check and learn how to hit "return" so you can organize your thoughts.

I watch Builder strategies and profit from them. Kyle Davison's "its our version of the I Phone" proclamation was the most laughable thing I have ever heard. Not only was it not the I Phone, but it was a disaster -

The fat lady is singing, but it's taking her awhile to finish the song - it will happen due to disasters like Kyle Davison's strategy in Katy

You said elsewhere that Davison was gone from KB. I'm curious if your personal grudge was with him or with KB. Did he lay you off? Or did KB not give you a promotion when you worked for them at some point?
Houston Builder
Dyn-o-mite!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

no grudge - just LMAO about the Martha Stewart "this is our version of the I Phone" pronouncement -

Looking back now at the success of the I phone just underscores how comical the comparison was
BigDuke6
Flash in the pan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Houston Builder wrote:
no grudge - just LMAO about the Martha Stewart "this is our version of the I Phone" pronouncement -

Looking back now at the success of the I phone just underscores how comical the comparison was

You're past the point where anyone really believes that the iPhone comment was just a nice LOL moment for you. They way you harp on it and won't let it go points to some other reason. You go out of your way to bring up the iPhone comment.

That, or you're just the guy who keeps repeating the same joke. It was kinda funny 5 years ago, but now it is just an old joke we heard 5 years ago.

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic