FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

Meritage Homes View next topic
View previous topic

go34blue
Dud?

Meritage Homes
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

From the "where there is smoke there is fire" files...

I am hearing they are not starting in new specs, and selling build jobs, only moving inventory. Also hearing of some issues with subs not getting paid. Can anyone confirm these "rumors"? If they are true, sound like a builder who has no more interm financing is might be in real trouble in the short term.

Dyn-o-mite!

Meritage Houston DP
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Did Meritage ever hire a DP for Houston?
mikestrong
Cherry Bomb

Re: Meritage Homes
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One of my very good friends works there. North of Dallas. They are still starting specs, they just limited it. He hasn't heard of any problems with subs getting paid. They are wanting to change their model to more of an ACE like process. More efficent, less specs, very little change, higher margin.
My friend says it is a much different place to work then it used to be.
TX Homebuilder
Dyn-o-mite!

changes at meritage
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

...I'm hearing the same thing. Different place than in the past but stable. In these times stable is good.

In addition, I answered my own question, no they have not announced a Houston DP. Interesting, major market without a DP?

No one is hiring management positions right now. Too many paid holidays. Check out indeed or careerbuilder web sites. Plenty of sales postings nationwide...nothing in support or management.

Merry Christmas to my I-E friends ... let's make 2011 a year to remember.
EmelioTextevez
Flash in the pan

New Sales Manager - Houston
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

New sales manager onboard in the Houston market, seems to have a good reputation. Any word on if they righted the ship? Seems like they have been through a lot of change the past couple of years.
Houston Builder
Dyn-o-mite!

Re: New Sales Manager - Houston
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

EmelioTextevez wrote:
New sales manager onboard in the Houston market, seems to have a good reputation. Any word on if they righted the ship? Seems like they have been through a lot of change the past couple of years.

savvy move by Meritage - they are clearly a survivor and poised to make a good lick now that the market is turning ...i like MTH, they never claimed to invent their own I phone like Kyle Davison
Floorpop
Dud?

Re: Meritage Homes
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Musical chairs at the managerial level continues in the DFW market. 3 DP's, 4 VP Sales and multiple managers have come and gone in the last 2 years. Mikestrong is correct. MTH is currently streamlining by eliminating options and reducing floorplans available in communities. That being said, I've also heard that they change their product mix and pricing without informing the sales/construction teams in the field before roll-out...which, as you can imagine, makes the sales team look incompetent and pisses off potential buyers.
BigDuke6
Flash in the pan

Re: New Sales Manager - Houston
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Houston Builder wrote:
EmelioTextevez wrote:

savvy move by Meritage - they are clearly a survivor and poised to make a good lick now that the market is turning ...i like MTH, they never claimed to invent their own I phone like Kyle Davison

At this point I'm pretty sure you are and ex-KB employee who got let go.

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic