FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

Support the forums - not the spammers View next topic
View previous topic

Robin
Sentinel

Support the forums - not the spammers
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm sure you've all noticed an uptick in the number of spam posts all over these boards - it's certainly been keeping me busy getting rid of them all.

I just wanted to put it out there to everyone... DO NOT quote or respond to these when you see them. Their whole goal is to take advantage of the site and advertise for free. Some are nothing more than SEO "black market" firms trying to boost their clients' Google standings. By quoting or replying to their posts you only HELP them, and I'm sure you don't mean to do that! Embarassed

Hit the [REPORT] button instead to alert us when you see this. The big give-away is a link within the post or the user's signature to a commercial web site or completely unrelated venue. It's also painfully obvious when a topic that died out two weeks/two months/or even two years ago suddenly jumps to the top of the list of recent posts.

We don't want these freeloaders anymore than you want to have to read their garbage. Help us continue to keep the MLI forums spam free! Very Happy

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic