FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

The way TBW sold their loans to Freddie View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Do_the_math
The WhistleBlower

Re: The way TBW sold their loans to Freddie
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Could be special pricing or special recourse. Open access is again, to curtail FHLMC liability and not to benefit the borrower.

You have me curious now. I'll do some checking.

http://contributor.yahoo.com/u.....ailey.html
XpressOH
Flash in the pan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wonder if the "credit enhancement" was due to the loan being approved by TBW with DU findings (you mention "approve/eligible") rather than LP findings?
Do_the_math
The WhistleBlower

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

XpressOH wrote:
I wonder if the "credit enhancement" was due to the loan being approved by TBW with DU findings (you mention "approve/eligible") rather than LP findings?

And there you have it. Good eye Xpress.

XpressOH
Flash in the pan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

yikes...that is NOT good news. I have several potential LP open access customers that were approved by TBW with DU ...sucks to find out they are not eligible!
XpressOH
Flash in the pan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

actually, the more I think about it, the less sense that makes.

If the whole purpose of "open access" is to help freddie minimize risk of loss on existing loans, why deny these files from participating?

Freddie is currently on the hook. Even if the "credit enhancement" meant that, for example, TBW would have been required to buyback in the event of default, it's not like TBW is around anymore to buy anything back- so, freddie is stuck with it.

You'd think the risk would be lower if the file gets an accept through LP Open access, same loan amount but a 1-2% lower rate (and corresponding payment).
Do_the_math
The WhistleBlower

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

XpressOH wrote:
actually, the more I think about it, the less sense that makes.

If the whole purpose of "open access" is to help freddie minimize risk of loss on existing loans, why deny these files from participating?

Freddie is currently on the hook. Even if the "credit enhancement" meant that, for example, TBW would have been required to buyback in the event of default, it's not like TBW is around anymore to buy anything back- so, freddie is stuck with it.

You'd think the risk would be lower if the file gets an accept through LP Open access, same loan amount but a 1-2% lower rate (and corresponding payment).

Who ever said FHLMC was the brightest bulb on the Christmas Tree? May be issues in determining a successor in interest.

Until the loans default, the loans are still assets and are on some balance sheet somewhere (or will be eventually).

DU underwriting on the original loans could negate special reps and warranties.

XpressOH
Flash in the pan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I never really did understand why Freddie would do that-

TBW was cut off from Fannie years ago. Actually, I believe Interfirst was too, back in the day.

Why does Freddie even purchase loans that don't generate an LP Accept, but that DO generate DU approve/eligible. I could see if the loan approved through both engines, but why buy a loan that is underwritten to someone ELSE'S standards?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic