FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups   |  Register  |  Profile  |  Log in to check your private messages  |  Log in 

Maybe we should stop beating this one horse to death View next topic
View previous topic

Justin
My head implode

Maybe we should stop beating this one horse to death
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are a couple factions on this board that just won't give up the ghost and stop arguing with each other, endlessly trying to prove to the other faction they are indeed mistaken about their position. Despite being implicitly insulting, these arguments ensue despite advancing any useful dialogue -- and then the rest of the forum members have to manouever through these tiresome arguments.

It is getting really old.

What two factions am I talking about? I'd briefly sum them up as:

1) Those who think the building industry should be defended and mostly good

2) Those who think the building industry is busted through and through and builders are mostly bad

That is a generalization, but I think most of you tried and true members know what I'm talking about. Recently, four members got banned for trotting out this argument so many times that it had gotten completely out of hand.

So! Here are some guidelines to advance our forum discussion and stop this silly argument. If you can't follow these rules, you might just find that you've gotten banned, as well. If you see anyone breaking these rules, please hit the "report" button and alert us IMMEDIATELY.

Rules for the home builder forum:

1. Do NOT try to hijack a thread by agitating for either of the above factions. Not only can the building industry survive no matter how much a poster dislikes them, not all builders are EVIL and out to get witless and naive homeowners.

2. Do NOT engage in arguments with someone you know takes the other position. If you're new to the forums, you should be reading older posts and getting a feel for the regulars here.

And of course, it's helpful to refresh on the universal forum rules here:

http://implode-explode.com/for.....p?p=258438

If you are a card carrying member of one of the above factions, you're on notice. You have NO IDEA how many forum members are bored to tears reading out your arguments with each other. It's really a pain for us who want to have productive discussion and belive that different opinions require TOLERANCE, not rants, attacks, etc.

As always, if you have questions about this policy, feel free to email me directly at justinowings at gmail dot com.

Cherry Bomb

Re: Maybe we should stop beating this one horse to death
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You are correct

Jump to:   

Merge topics 

View next topic
View previous topic